Ryder System

Getting the Interview

67 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Forklift Operator/Office Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ryder System in May 2011.

Interview Details – I went through a temp agency and after 90 days was hired on as a ryder employee. I loved working in the warehouse and the office, until we moved and things changed. The girls in the office were nice. Some of the management was not so nice to the drivers or office personal.
It was not what you know, BUT WHO you know.

N/A Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – Interview process was long and drawn out for the type of work being done. More effort getting hired than actual job.

Interview Question – The basic questions were asked but in several different ways.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Take it or Leave it type salary.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Novi, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – There usually is a breif interview over the phone. I then met with HR representative and the manager I would be reporting to directly.

Interview Question – Management intensive   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had three different interviews. First, with the person actually doing the job I was interviewing for, and another person at the same level. Next, with the actual reporting manager, then with the specific account manager. Each interview was very mellow and didn't seem overwhelming at all. There were direct, generic questions that were asked about experience with Microsoft Suite, and different job functions related to the specific position. I felt very comfortable and as though there wasn't really any difficult questions. They seemed to appreciate my truthful answers in each interview. The only concern I had was the salary for the position. I was asked in each interview my salary requirements and even noted that I did not want to waste anyone's time if it was not close to my range that I was seeking of $55,000 per year. No one would confirm this, but I continued on with the process anyway. I was in fact within the ball park of my requirements.

Interview Question – I was asked a question regarding a time that I made a substantial contribution in the form of a presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was originally offered a substantially lower salary then I wanted, but I countered with my absolute lowest amount that I would take and was countered by Ryder to my liking. It was very relaxed and laid back. Only problem that I had is with getting a lot of HR questions answered. I wanted to know "everything" before making a career change.

Transportation Analyst Interview

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice for the position but it took a month to find out I was not picked for the position. I interviewed for a position in another department and they said it would take 2 weeks to make a decision. They never contacted me with their decision. Very unprofessional!

Interview Question – There were a few questions specifically related to the position which made the process seem more relevant.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Consultant Interview

Senior Financial Consultant
Miami, FL

Interviewed at Ryder System

Interview Details – I had an HR interview followed by four interviews with three VPs and one Director in Finance/Accounting/Operations. The interviews with the VPs were unstructured with very few, if any, challenging questions. I didn't have to elaborate on my responses, give specific examples or answer any competency based questions. We simply discussed my background and desires in very broad terms. One of the VPs decided to spend the majority of the time telling me about his own career - I simply nodded along encouragingly and pretended to be interested - he seemed to like that. The interview with the Director was more challenging and included some competency based questions as well as working through some relevant scenarios.

Interview Question – VP: So, you must be pretty good at X, right?
Director: Why do you think our debt to equity ratio is X?
  Answer Question

Rental Account Manager Interview

Stockton, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in April 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Rental Manager and Director of Rental. Reviewed business plan of action, marketing plan, and what would separate yourself from the competition. Highly suggested that you research the market, become familiar with people in that territory, and understand the economic flow. These will all be brought up in the interview and positive answers are expected.

Interview Question – A follow up question to what separates you from the competition is "What else separates you from the competition?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a relocation package, along with first month's salary as a bonus for moving.

Vehicle Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – I met the SR Recruiter at a Job Fair and had a good conversation with him. Three weeks later he called me to ask if I was still interested, I said yes, he did a quick phone interview and set up an interview with the Regional Sales Manager. The interview with the manager was typical questions (my work history and where I see myself in 5 years).

Interview Question – Is how you get a goal or actually reaching a goal more important?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They requested me to relocate, which I was not interested in.

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – Recruiter will call you to set up an interview. You will have an interview with three individuals during your office visit; VP of Audit, Middle management (Sr. Manager, Manager, Director), and the third really depends on who is available (staff, senior, or financial consultant).

Interview Question – They ask technical and behavior questions so be prepared! Candidates should know the 5 assertions of Audit (completeness, accuracy, occurrence,...etc.). Also SOX 404 (internal controls)! Know it! Thats mainly the type work you will be performing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – Behavioral & Resume based interview