Ryder System Logistics Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in January 2014.

Applied Online - Contacted by recruiter for phone interview (phone interview goes over your qualifications, interest level, skill set, salary req.) - Contacted a week or so later for a dual face to face interview. (More in-depth here: Goes over your background and company history, they want to know what skills you have as it relates to the position, you will be asked a lot of questions and they will note your answers...Hopefully you know Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word well). Next: Received a call to set up a phone interview with a higher up. Literally a 15 minute conversation briefly over my background. The rest was just getting to know me personally (likes, interest, family life). A sure sign it's a win! - Offered position the following day.

Interview Questions
  • Explaining prior Microsoft Access usage was unexpected.   View Answer
Countered initial offer, and they compromised fairly. Ryder's professionalism during this phase made me even more excited about working for them.

Other Interview Reviews for Ryder System

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in April 2013.

I had three different interviews. First, with the person actually doing the job I was interviewing for, and another person at the same level. Next, with the actual reporting manager, then with the specific account manager. Each interview was very mellow and didn't seem overwhelming at all. There were direct, generic questions that were asked about experience with Microsoft Suite, and different job functions related to the specific position. I felt very comfortable and as though there wasn't really any difficult questions. They seemed to appreciate my truthful answers in each interview. The only concern I had was the salary for the position. I was asked in each interview my salary requirements and even noted that I did not want to waste anyone's time if it was not close to my range that I was seeking of $55,000 per year. No one would confirm this, but I continued on with the process anyway. I was in fact within the ball park of my requirements.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question regarding a time that I made a substantial contribution in the form of a presentation.   Answer Question
    I was originally offered a substantially lower salary then I wanted, but I countered with my absolute lowest amount that I would take and was countered by Ryder to my liking. It was very relaxed and laid back. Only problem that I had is with getting a lot of HR questions answered. I wanted to know "everything" before making a career change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in December 2012.

Applied online and a few days later received an email requesting to schedule a brief phone interview. Spoke with HR about the background of the company and position, explained why I think I was qualified for the position, this pretty much wrapped up the phone interview, Another couple days received another email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed with the Group Logistics Manager and Logistics Manager. Very basic interview and straightforward.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!