Ryder System

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in April 2014.

After submitting my resume, a recruiter called me to identify my functional interests. Within two days, I was asked to fly to Miami for an all-day interview with Ryder Management. The interview day consisted of a quick background of Ryder's history by an HR representative followed by 6 thirty minute interviews with different functional heads. The interviews were conversational in nature without many unexpected questions. I felt the interviews went well. This entire process was done in about 2 weeks.

After the interview, I was told I would hear back within the week. However, I never received any sort of closing communication from the company (despite several calls, voicemails, and emails). Who knows - maybe they have a long decision-making process? It has been over two months since the interview and I have also not been reimbursed for the hotel and car rental expenses the company asked me to incur.

I can honestly say I've never received such disrespectful treatment from a recruiting staff and can only hope for future employees that this behavior does not reflect on what it must be like to work at this company.

Other Interview Reviews for Ryder System

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ryder System.

Behavioral & Resume based interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryder System in February 2012.

Everyone was extremely nice and the interview was pretty informal. It's only been a day, so waiting to hear back for a possible second interview. Pay is awesome and seems more then industry norms. Training, from what I heard, seems to lack a bit but getting stuck in right off the bat can be a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in May 2011.

First, received a call about the program to ask for interest, and setting up an initial phone interview. Once the phone interview was over, an onsite interview with a panel was conducted. Initial questions were strengths, weaknesses, and what do you know about the company. Your goals and your group experience are also asked. The people in the interview were extremely friendly, and they are also very open to any questions you may have.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a supervisor, and a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in July 2010.

Had two rounds, one with prelim with district manager, followed with a job shadow one week later, then interview with Director and Sales Manager one week after that

Quick, told the pay I wanted, I got about that

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in February 2010.

Well the questions asked ranged from tell about your sell to tell me about a time when you were frustrated and how you dealt with it. People were very nice but one guy in the interview seemed to act better than everyone else in the room. For an interview with them you will just have to have a few times when you have overcome an obstacle.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were frustrated and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question