Ryder System Rental Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florence, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in July 2014.

Start out filling a profile on Ryder's website. A recruiter will call you and set up an interview with the hiring manager. Then you will get more phone calls and an offer letter. They are very professional and respectful. The recruiter is wonderful and will work with you in anyway they can to start your career.

Other Interview Reviews for Ryder System

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ryder System in September 2011.

Initially was contacted by a local recruiter who found my resume online. Next, I was contacted by the Regional Manager for a short 10 min phone interview. Finally, this was followed by an in-person interview (initially 1:1 then with rounds of other branch managers sitting in). The overall atmosphere as relaxing and non-intimidating so I felt like I could easily be myself. All interviewers were very down to earth & relatable persons.

Interview Questions
    • List personal faults that might hinder customer satisfaction   Answer Question
    Seemed like not much room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryder System in September 2011.

Communication through recruiter from college career fair was professional and close. Had to differentiate myself from other interviewees. Highlighted my strengths while showing I had completed adequate background research on the company and position.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as there were many other college students that would have worked for the same amount or less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in October 2012.

Centralized hiring process. Very standard HR interview questions. They want motivated and aggressive personalities that want to grow within Ryder as a whole

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared for situation based questions such, "Describe a situation in which you weren't able to satisfy a customer's needs and how did you overcome it."   View Answer
    Their pay scales are pretty much set in stone for entry level positions.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System.

The interview process was exceptionally pleasant. I spoke first with the hiring manager and the conversation was laid back yet very informative. A recruiter then contacted me about a week later to set up a phone interview with a director. This interview was even more in-depth than the first (no hard questions, though), and I was told I would be contacted either later that day or early the next morning.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straightforward and there was nothing unexpected. Both interviewers stuck with questions pertaining to my job experience and strengths while also throwing in a few behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when....").   Answer Question
    The recruiter contacted me within 2 hours of my phone interview with the director and gave me a very generous offer. I accepted and am currently going through the remainder of the hiring process.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

All I have done so far is the phone interview waiting for a date to be set for the in person interview. The interview was great and seemed to be very interested in everything I said even though most of my responses were basic and boring. This was also my first interview so I may not be the judge.

Interview Questions
    • I played sports throughout my whole life and they asked why I would choose this instead of a career in sports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryder System in September 2012.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter after submitting my resume online. After a quick conversation I was set up for an in person interview with the hiring manager. After that I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss. Both interviews were fairly easy and the hiring manager and boss were both friendly and open to questions. They were mostly interested in how I would handle unhappy customers and stressful situations. Also they stressed the best way to move up in this company is relocation opportunities.

Interview Questions
    I was given a generous offer and accepted

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!