Ryerson University

Ryerson University Interview Questions in Canada

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Application were invited with academic CV, statement of research and references. It is evaluated and decision is taken by the committee. A offer letter is sent and I had signed and accepted it.

Accounts Payable Interview

Hiring and interview took a very long time.
    My resume must have been sitting for a month until the interview. Then it took another month to get the job

Interview Questions
    There were very much fixed on what they could offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryerson University in January 2013.

- was provided some info prior to interview
    - interview was straight-forward, asked me how i intend on showcasing the data and implementing it
    - asked about my current knowledge of industry

Grant Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryerson University in March 2012.

applied using the Ryerson career centre portal. few weeks later, got a phone call and called in for an interview at the Pod/Library building. I was interviewed in a very small, cramped office by two employees in the Health Promotion department

The interview involved a spontaneous written test at the end in which they asked me to go online and write 1,000 words of a hypothetical research proposal. So have an idea for a health-related research proposal in mind.

Impressions of workplace: very cluttered and disorganized. They seemed somewhat unprepared to be doing interviews. When I walked in, was not offered water or any beverage. They did not offer to take my coat from me. I was left trying to find a place to put it. Not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from past grant applications that were unsuccessful?   View Answer
    • How would you structure a grant proposal?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • What's the most important element of a good grant proposal?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryerson University in February 2012.

Ask what I did. how can I fit in.

Interview Questions
    • what your supervisor will talk about you if we call him.   Answer Question

Manager, Recruitment and Employment Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryerson University in July 2010.

Hours of interviews - with a panel at each interview. Had to do a computer assessment to test my writing skills and my knowledge of a topic that I have 8+ years experience in. Had to go through 3 interviews, plus an hour long presentation.

Old school interview style - they all sat at one end of the table and looked down the long table at me, where I sat alone. Old style questions - didn't really do any good digging to determine if this was a good match.Very easy interview questions to "pass" and answer since I"m an HR professional. They were not honest in the interview - provided inaccurate information to questions I asked. This style resulted in the wrong match for the University and for me.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations - the offer was the offer. It was a great package all around.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ryerson University in May 2010.

The position usually post on ryerson website
    if you get a call for interview, be prepared for questions related to your position. Remember, your GPA counts.

the salary is fixed

GSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryerson University in April 2010.

It was about one hour interview with 2 managers. They bring a list of questions to ask you and write down most of your answers. They were pretty typical questions and not too hard. It lasted about one hour.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ryerson University in March 2009.

First I was called and i went through primary telephone screening and then they booked an interview with a date after 4 days. I was informed that there will be two staff members taking interview. I was told specifically to dress formal. Interview questions were mostly behavioral.