Ryerson University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Post Doctoral Fellow

Interviewed at Ryerson University

Interview Details – Application were invited with academic CV, statement of research and references. It is evaluated and decision is taken by the committee. A offer letter is sent and I had signed and accepted it.

Interview Question – No question asked.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ryerson University in May 2010.

Interview Details – The position usually post on ryerson website
if you get a call for interview, be prepared for questions related to your position. Remember, your GPA counts.

Negotiation Details – the salary is fixed

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable

Interviewed at Ryerson University

Interview Details – Hiring and interview took a very long time.
My resume must have been sitting for a month until the interview. Then it took another month to get the job

Interview Question – It wasn't anything challenging for an experienced A/P   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were very much fixed on what they could offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryerson University in January 2013.

Interview Details – - was provided some info prior to interview
- interview was straight-forward, asked me how i intend on showcasing the data and implementing it
- asked about my current knowledge of industry

Manager, Recruitment and Employment Equity Interview

Manager, Recruitment and Employment Equity
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryerson University in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hours of interviews - with a panel at each interview. Had to do a computer assessment to test my writing skills and my knowledge of a topic that I have 8+ years experience in. Had to go through 3 interviews, plus an hour long presentation.

Old school interview style - they all sat at one end of the table and looked down the long table at me, where I sat alone. Old style questions - didn't really do any good digging to determine if this was a good match.Very easy interview questions to "pass" and answer since I"m an HR professional. They were not honest in the interview - provided inaccurate information to questions I asked. This style resulted in the wrong match for the University and for me.

Interview Question – they were all easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations - the offer was the offer. It was a great package all around.

Very Easy Interview

GSA Interview

GSA
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ryerson University in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was about one hour interview with 2 managers. They bring a list of questions to ask you and write down most of your answers. They were pretty typical questions and not too hard. It lasted about one hour.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Grant Writer Interview

Grant Writer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ryerson University in March 2012.

Interview Details – applied using the Ryerson career centre portal. few weeks later, got a phone call and called in for an interview at the Pod/Library building. I was interviewed in a very small, cramped office by two employees in the Health Promotion department

The interview involved a spontaneous written test at the end in which they asked me to go online and write 1,000 words of a hypothetical research proposal. So have an idea for a health-related research proposal in mind.

Impressions of workplace: very cluttered and disorganized. They seemed somewhat unprepared to be doing interviews. When I walked in, was not offered water or any beverage. They did not offer to take my coat from me. I was left trying to find a place to put it. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from past grant applications that were unsuccessful?   View Answer
  • How would you structure a grant proposal?   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
  • What's the most important element of a good grant proposal?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryerson University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Ask what I did. how can I fit in.

Interview Question – what your supervisor will talk about you if we call him.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ryerson University in March 2009.

Interview Details – First I was called and i went through primary telephone screening and then they booked an interview with a date after 4 days. I was informed that there will be two staff members taking interview. I was told specifically to dress formal. Interview questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Ryerson University? Contribute to the Community!