Ryerson University Grant Writer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Grant Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ryerson University in March 2012.

applied using the Ryerson career centre portal. few weeks later, got a phone call and called in for an interview at the Pod/Library building. I was interviewed in a very small, cramped office by two employees in the Health Promotion department

The interview involved a spontaneous written test at the end in which they asked me to go online and write 1,000 words of a hypothetical research proposal. So have an idea for a health-related research proposal in mind.

Impressions of workplace: very cluttered and disorganized. They seemed somewhat unprepared to be doing interviews. When I walked in, was not offered water or any beverage. They did not offer to take my coat from me. I was left trying to find a place to put it. Not impressed.

Interview Questions
  • What did you learn from past grant applications that were unsuccessful?   View Answer
  • How would you structure a grant proposal?   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
  • What's the most important element of a good grant proposal?   View Answer

Worked for Ryerson University? Contribute to the Community!