Rylem

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.5

Candidate for Manager Role At Their Client Company Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rylem in November 2014.

Was recruited via LinkedIn. Cold calls don't often play out, but I was impressed to be contacted almost immediately after responding to their email. The phone recruiter asked good screening questions that included specifics of their client company and the role they sought to fill. I was scheduled for an in-person appointment for the next day. I then met with four members of their team. While some people find a panel interview difficult, I appreciated the time efficiency of that approach. They were very clear about next steps in presenting me to the client company.

N/A Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Rylem.

A recruiter for Amazon approached me about some job opportunities. I went through three phone interviews with Amazon and heard nothing back. About a week later a person at Rylem emailed me saying her colleague at Amazon had given her my information and she told me I didn’t get the position at Amazon. You can imagine I was upset. I found out through a third party that I didn’t get a job at Amazon and that my personal CONFIDENTIAL information had been given out by Amazon to a third party. Rylem has inside people at Amazon feeding them confidential information on candidates. This must be part of the unethical practices that I see other reviews on.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know where I got your information?   View Answer

Junior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rylem in August 2014.

the 1st interview was 3.5 hours. i was told that it would be 2 hours. (i met w/ 4 ppl...one of which was 1 of the 3 owners) it was fairly conversational- i felt good afterwards and was fairly excited to come back if asked. I was called back for the 2nd interview. i met w/ the same owner again and another in sales. i was told to be prepared for tough questions because i wasnt direct enough prior. when i came in i was drilled with questions. some of which were inappropriate. i felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. the most uncomfortable a man has ever made me feel in an interview. ex. (what kind of hours do you like to work? are you the type of girl that likes to play in the sun all day and work at night?). i went blank in the face and said "what?" he said "i like to be in the sun too"- WHO asks and says that? he also asked "what would your brother say is the biggest improvement/change you need to make?". He also asked if my family was here in WA too. (WHY DOES THAT MATTER?) another- "how are you being payed right now?"

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rylem in June 2013.

The people interviewing you don't know what they're talking about. The sourcing manager has no recruiting experience, so the quality of talent is low.

Interview Questions
    • Name a costume you've worn for halloween, or to a work party?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rylem in January 2012.

Contacted by internal recruiter for role

Interview Questions
    • Needed to give detailed descriptions of candidates/clients I worked with.,   View Answer