S A C Capital Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Operations Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Interview

Campus Recruiting. The first interview was a phone interview. The second round was a super day where heads of various groups interviewed you for 30 minutes at a time.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe risk?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

tell me about your resume, why SAC capital. They asked me to apply online and on their website. Had a lengthy survey that I was supposed to fill out. They then asked me why I wanted to do the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Interview

The HR department is terrible, will not mention names but it's just not worth going through the process

Obvious reasons

Developer/Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S A C Capital Advisors (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Initial phone call that is partly technical. Nothing complicated, just a few C#.Net basics and database basics.

Interview Questions

• 1) "Why are you here today?" It may be because the government indicted SAC while I was just about to begin the interview. I did not read the news yet.
      2) Shortest path in a graph. I thought this was juvenile to ask this question because, this is a solved problem. No one will ever need to solve a problem like that as a developer in a hedge fund.

Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in August 2013.

Interview

It is a phone interview. No hard questions were being asked. Mostly go over your resume. Introduce your background. Why you like the position. where did you hear this position. blablabla pretty stright forward.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview

Being asked about past experience, why interested in investment, what companies have you been following, financial modeling experience

Interview Questions

• What companies have you been following?   2 Answers

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Interview

Met with HR and several Hiring Managers. Mostly personality questions but also asked questions about the market and trivial questions to get an idea on how you think and where your interests are. Asked standard questions such as how you work with people and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Interviewers are interested that you are knowledgeable about the company and probe into why you feel the job you are interviewing for is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How have you overcome these in previous jobs and in academics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great company, with a good culture. Invite employees and prospective employees to ask questions and encourage cross training throughout the company. Movement throughout the company is encouraged.

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in January 2013.

Interview

through school OCR

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S A C Capital Advisors (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Many many rounds of interviews, had to go to stamford 3 times. Eventually received offer but salary was low and disliked the dept so rejected it.

low salary

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S A C Capital Advisors (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Arrived and had to take a modeling test. It was a basic modeling test where they ask you to do a revenue calc and then fix the income statement (that is jumbled). Then you link it to a simplified version of a cash flow statement and balance sheet. After the model test, I met with the portfolio manager. It was a very conversational interview where we talked about various stocks I had covered in my previous position or that I had worked on more in-depth. We spoke about the responsibilities of the position and how the fund was structured. He said that to get further down the process, I would have to go through a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 positions that you would go long and go short today and why?   Answer Question