S A C Capital Advisors Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

3.1

Operations Associate Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

The HR department is terrible, will not mention names but it's just not worth going through the process

Obvious reasons

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in July 2012.

Many many rounds of interviews, had to go to stamford 3 times. Eventually received offer but salary was low and disliked the dept so rejected it.

low salary

Developer/Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Initial phone call that is partly technical. Nothing complicated, just a few C#.Net basics and database basics.

Interview Questions
    • 1) "Why are you here today?" It may be because the government indicted SAC while I was just about to begin the interview. I did not read the news yet.
      2) Shortest path in a graph. I thought this was juvenile to ask this question because, this is a solved problem. No one will ever need to solve a problem like that as a developer in a hedge fund.
        Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in June 2013.

Phone Interview

Being asked about past experience, why interested in investment, what companies have you been following, financial modeling experience

Finance Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in January 2013.

through school OCR

Operations Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Met with HR and several Hiring Managers. Mostly personality questions but also asked questions about the market and trivial questions to get an idea on how you think and where your interests are. Asked standard questions such as how you work with people and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Interviewers are interested that you are knowledgeable about the company and probe into why you feel the job you are interviewing for is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? How have you overcome these in previous jobs and in academics.   Answer Question
    Great company, with a good culture. Invite employees and prospective employees to ask questions and encourage cross training throughout the company. Movement throughout the company is encouraged.

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in March 2012.

Arrived and had to take a modeling test. It was a basic modeling test where they ask you to do a revenue calc and then fix the income statement (that is jumbled). Then you link it to a simplified version of a cash flow statement and balance sheet. After the model test, I met with the portfolio manager. It was a very conversational interview where we talked about various stocks I had covered in my previous position or that I had worked on more in-depth. We spoke about the responsibilities of the position and how the fund was structured. He said that to get further down the process, I would have to go through a case study interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name 5 positions that you would go long and go short today and why?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in October 2009.

Met senior manager in their cramped NYC office. He was very attentive and we talked for over an hour. They put the position on ice and did not hire anybody in that search. Good firm, I think.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly the interviewer assumed I was quite familiar with some details of the secretive SAC operation.   View Answer

Support Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors.

Started with a Phone interview that had the standard questions like - experience, details on the company I currently worked at, my college experience etc. I subsequently had 3 more phone interviews before being flown in. I had a marathon interview day with several (around 8-10) people interviewing me on various things. The entire process was very professional.

Account Payable Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at S A C Capital Advisors in August 2011.

Two interviews in one day. The first person from HR was extremely friendly and conversational. Great environment and overall it felt like a great interview. The second interview with another HR person was more question oriented. It was the usual interview questions, tough and direct. Overall my headhunter told me the interview was great and I received great feedback. I did not meet one of the qualification requirements so they went another direction.

Interview Questions

Worked for S A C Capital Advisors? Contribute to the Community!