S.C. Johnson Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014
35 interviews

Marketing Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

The Interview process was grueling. Be sure to have your STAR stories ready and be prepared to answer the most ridiculous questions that have very little to do with WHO you are as a person, employee or team-member. No matter how much I prepared for the interview, I would never have been able to answer the next question without stumbling....

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your positivity proved to be a negative for your team..." You have got to be kidding.   Answer Question

ABM Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

I had an Initial phone screen with a recruiter and then another phone screen with HR before getting an invitation for an onsite interview to meet brand managers. The onsite interview was all day and included speaking with several brand managers. Includes a case study at the end. Overall very positive people and relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a difficult decision and stuck with it.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Use Targeted selection: STAR format - situation/task, action, result. Want specific examples of your experience. I had two interviews with 3 people each that were pretty much the same just with different people. One right after another.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were least satisfied in your job. A time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Lead Design (Senior Research Designer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in August 2013.

It was a long interview. I had 8 interviewers with 8 different lines of questioning. It was clear in the first few minutes that it would be too complicated to embellish anything so you have to be yourself in the actual interview. There is a drug test, and detailed questions about any "criminal" past. The definition of criminal was a little more inclusive than I have seen before. It included traffic related items and other things I would not have expected.

Interview Questions
    • Because the questions were canned, sometimes they made no sense in the context of the job. "how have you worked with consumer insight before, and how has having their imput changed what you were doing - give examples". Well, I was working for consumers and they were paying me so every day I was making those changes minute by minutes as dictated by the consumers, so that was my reality every minute and as such is hard to describe in the "epic moment" they seemed to be expecting. they could not understand this, as they are very sheltered from the very consumers they are trying to please. They don't understand small business. If you come from there be aware that these long-timers are far removed from who they want to please and are sort of behind on current practices. the interviewers who were not long-timers deviated from the canned script and I think it was more effective in teasing out why I could be a better candidate than someone else. That canned script was pretty crappy and a few of the interviewers saw that in the first few minutes while others "toed the company line" and got my stock answer because they asked the stock question. That was a waste of both of our times.   Answer Question
    They did a relatively fair offer so I had minimal negotiation.

Procurement Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2013.

The hiring process started with an interview by phone with a HR recruiter Who wanted to know my motivations, my general information and testing my level of english. After that I was invited to 3 individual interviews: the HR herself, two Procurement managers and their boss. It happened in three different days and depending on the success of the previous interview. The questions were situational such as tell about a time when you succeed/ failed. ...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something wrong, what happened and what did you learn.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Higher salary then my previous one.

Product Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in January 2014.

First interviewed at a conference at the end of 2013 (lots of behavioral questions), then did a follow up video interview in November (quick interview to see if I would be a good fit for the company), then did an on-site interview that consisted of 6-7 1:1 interviews that varied with each person. SC Johnson likes behavioral questions and actually has a packet of them that focus on different areas (i.e. conflict, innovation, team-player, efficiency, etc.). The longer the manager was at the company the more they relied on their own questions for the interview (ex. why should we hire you, why SC Johnson, tell me about our competitors). All of them went through resume and relevant skills that I had. Overall very friendly and a great experience. Haven't heard back yet if I have an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the process of product formulation from the viewpoint of a consumer, and from the viewpoint of a chemist? What are some of the main categories we should focus on?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in October 2010.

Not a squabbling-in-the-backseat kind of family. (Well, not usually.) But a glad-we’re-in-this-together kind of family. So we understand the joys and strains you feel every day. Dig in and discover tips to help any family, and special ways to celebrate yours. Not a squabbling-in-the-backseat kind of family. (Well, not usually.) But a glad-we’re-in-this-together kind of family. So we understand the joys and strains you feel every day. Dig in and discover tips to help any family, and special ways to celebrate yours.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Both individual and panel reviews. Interviewers following standard set of questions. Good people. New CIO looking to transform culture within IT. Jointly determined position was not best for me or for their needs.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers seemed unprepared for the interview and asked questions unrelated to the job role with respect to my previous employer's current business activity.   View Answer

Tax Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in June 2013.

One phone interview

Engineering Manager Interview

Interviewed by more than 10 people. Many in hR. none are great interviewers. A lot of repeat questions. The most weird was my would be boss kept asking "how would you do x or y... " I answered but felt as if I should have charged them for an hour of consulting.

Interview Questions
    • The last one before you was very talented. How do you know you won't fail?   View Answer
    Not much.

Worked for S.C. Johnson? Contribute to the Community!