S.C. Johnson

34 candidate interviews

Brand Management Intern Interview

Brand Management Intern
Racine, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in February 2009.

Interview Details – A 45-minute on-campus interview. First, meet with one representative, given 10 minutes to come up with a presentation. Then, talk to two other reps, and they ask you tons of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Given the data, prepare a presentation in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Racine, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter, was offered interview on campus.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a lot of data and how you utilized it.   Answer Question

Demand Consultant Interview

Demand Consultant
Racine, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview started with a phone call and lead to a in person four and half hour interview. I was disappointed they did not get back to me sooner regarding the out come. They said 1 - 2 weeks and it took almost a month. They shouldn't string people along especially if you are not the right candidate for them.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't meet your goal(s)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviewers, both in my field. They had a list of questions to ask and went through the list. Once that was over, I asked them various questions and got to know them more. They made me an offer in person 30 minutes after my interview. HR contacted me the same day with paperwork to fill out. I received the paperwork in email and in the mail and mailed it back within a week.

Interview Questions

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Rolle (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview Details – Interview process was first a interview with the Human Resources and then followed by an interview with Brand Managers and business analysts who test you. Sometimes the regional director with a hot spanish accent will interview you as well :) but I did not have that chance,

Interview Question – Cases where candidate needs to make simple calculations or understand graphs.   View Answer

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2008.

Interview Details – Job Application screened based on company need and candidate profile. Shotlisted. Interview by Immerdiate superior / level above. Recomendation sent to Head office. Based on possition called to regional or corporate office for final interview. offer letter given if selected. Appointment letter sent within a week

Interview Question – What if the target is substatialy more than the trend   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 3 iterations

Chemical Engineering Internship Interview

Chemical Engineering Internship

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview Details – A bunch of situational and behavioral questions. The interviewer was a bit rude; once your answers are a bit off, they immediately show that they are no longer interested in you.

Interview Question – 1) Tell us why we shouldn't hire you   Answer Question

Product Formulation Chemist Interview

Product Formulation Chemist
Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in January 2014.

Interview Details – First interviewed at a conference at the end of 2013 (lots of behavioral questions), then did a follow up video interview in November (quick interview to see if I would be a good fit for the company), then did an on-site interview that consisted of 6-7 1:1 interviews that varied with each person. SC Johnson likes behavioral questions and actually has a packet of them that focus on different areas (i.e. conflict, innovation, team-player, efficiency, etc.). The longer the manager was at the company the more they relied on their own questions for the interview (ex. why should we hire you, why SC Johnson, tell me about our competitors). All of them went through resume and relevant skills that I had. Overall very friendly and a great experience. Haven't heard back yet if I have an offer or not.

Interview Question – Walk me through the process of product formulation from the viewpoint of a consumer, and from the viewpoint of a chemist? What are some of the main categories we should focus on?   Answer Question

Lead Design (Senior Research Designer) Interview

Lead Design (Senior Research Designer)
Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was a long interview. I had 8 interviewers with 8 different lines of questioning. It was clear in the first few minutes that it would be too complicated to embellish anything so you have to be yourself in the actual interview. There is a drug test, and detailed questions about any "criminal" past. The definition of criminal was a little more inclusive than I have seen before. It included traffic related items and other things I would not have expected.

Interview Question – Because the questions were canned, sometimes they made no sense in the context of the job. "how have you worked with consumer insight before, and how has having their imput changed what you were doing - give examples". Well, I was working for consumers and they were paying me so every day I was making those changes minute by minutes as dictated by the consumers, so that was my reality every minute and as such is hard to describe in the "epic moment" they seemed to be expecting. they could not understand this, as they are very sheltered from the very consumers they are trying to please. They don't understand small business. If you come from there be aware that these long-timers are far removed from who they want to please and are sort of behind on current practices. the interviewers who were not long-timers deviated from the canned script and I think it was more effective in teasing out why I could be a better candidate than someone else. That canned script was pretty crappy and a few of the interviewers saw that in the first few minutes while others "toed the company line" and got my stock answer because they asked the stock question. That was a waste of both of our times.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did a relatively fair offer so I had minimal negotiation.

Supply Planner Interview

Supply Planner

Interviewed at S.C. Johnson

Interview Details – Use Targeted selection: STAR format - situation/task, action, result. Want specific examples of your experience. I had two interviews with 3 people each that were pretty much the same just with different people. One right after another.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were least satisfied in your job. A time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for S.C. Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S.C. Johnson interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by S.C. Johnson employees and interview candidates.