S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Brand Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

A 45-minute on-campus interview. First, meet with one representative, given 10 minutes to come up with a presentation. Then, talk to two other reps, and they ask you tons of behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

There were two interviewers, both in my field. They had a list of questions to ask and went through the list. Once that was over, I asked them various questions and got to know them more. They made me an offer in person 30 minutes after my interview. HR contacted me the same day with paperwork to fill out. I received the paperwork in email and in the mail and mailed it back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What has been your worst and best group experiences and how did you contribute to the group?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, was offered interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a lot of data and how you utilized it.   Answer Question

Demand Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview started with a phone call and lead to a in person four and half hour interview. I was disappointed they did not get back to me sooner regarding the out come. They said 1 - 2 weeks and it took almost a month. They shouldn't string people along especially if you are not the right candidate for them.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Chennai (India)) in May 2008.

Interview

Job Application screened based on company need and candidate profile. Shotlisted. Interview by Immerdiate superior / level above. Recomendation sent to Head office. Based on possition called to regional or corporate office for final interview. offer letter given if selected. Appointment letter sent within a week

Interview Questions

• What if the target is substatialy more than the trend   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 iterations

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolle (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Rolle (Switzerland)).

Interview

Interview process was first a interview with the Human Resources and then followed by an interview with Brand Managers and business analysts who test you. Sometimes the regional director with a hot spanish accent will interview you as well :) but I did not have that chance,

Interview Questions

• Cases where candidate needs to make simple calculations or understand graphs.   1 Answer

Chemical Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

A bunch of situational and behavioral questions. The interviewer was a bit rude; once your answers are a bit off, they immediately show that they are no longer interested in you.

Product Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

First interviewed at a conference at the end of 2013 (lots of behavioral questions), then did a follow up video interview in November (quick interview to see if I would be a good fit for the company), then did an on-site interview that consisted of 6-7 1:1 interviews that varied with each person. SC Johnson likes behavioral questions and actually has a packet of them that focus on different areas (i.e. conflict, innovation, team-player, efficiency, etc.). The longer the manager was at the company the more they relied on their own questions for the interview (ex. why should we hire you, why SC Johnson, tell me about our competitors). All of them went through resume and relevant skills that I had. Overall very friendly and a great experience. Haven't heard back yet if I have an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of product formulation from the viewpoint of a consumer, and from the viewpoint of a chemist? What are some of the main categories we should focus on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview set up through college online. Interview was around 30-45 minutes. Asked typical behavioral questions. Really like the STAR method. One case question at the end that was kind of difficult.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Case study with an hour and a half to prepare at first it didn't seem to make sense but once I looked into it more it seemed relevant. Then I had to present my findings to the managers who were supportive and asked some probing questions. This was followed by some general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have had to work as a team to complete a goal   Answer Question