S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

Brand Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in February 2009.

A 45-minute on-campus interview. First, meet with one representative, given 10 minutes to come up with a presentation. Then, talk to two other reps, and they ask you tons of behavioral questions.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in January 2012.

Submitted resume and cover letter, was offered interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot of data and how you utilized it.   Answer Question

Demand Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in April 2012.

The interview started with a phone call and lead to a in person four and half hour interview. I was disappointed they did not get back to me sooner regarding the out come. They said 1 - 2 weeks and it took almost a month. They shouldn't string people along especially if you are not the right candidate for them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2012.

There were two interviewers, both in my field. They had a list of questions to ask and went through the list. Once that was over, I asked them various questions and got to know them more. They made me an offer in person 30 minutes after my interview. HR contacted me the same day with paperwork to fill out. I received the paperwork in email and in the mail and mailed it back within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What has been your worst and best group experiences and how did you contribute to the group?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolle (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolle (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview process was first a interview with the Human Resources and then followed by an interview with Brand Managers and business analysts who test you. Sometimes the regional director with a hot spanish accent will interview you as well :) but I did not have that chance,

Interview Questions
    • Cases where candidate needs to make simple calculations or understand graphs.   View Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2008.

Job Application screened based on company need and candidate profile. Shotlisted. Interview by Immerdiate superior / level above. Recomendation sent to Head office. Based on possition called to regional or corporate office for final interview. offer letter given if selected. Appointment letter sent within a week

Interview Questions
    • What if the target is substatialy more than the trend   View Answer
    3 iterations

Chemical Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

A bunch of situational and behavioral questions. The interviewer was a bit rude; once your answers are a bit off, they immediately show that they are no longer interested in you.

Product Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in January 2014.

First interviewed at a conference at the end of 2013 (lots of behavioral questions), then did a follow up video interview in November (quick interview to see if I would be a good fit for the company), then did an on-site interview that consisted of 6-7 1:1 interviews that varied with each person. SC Johnson likes behavioral questions and actually has a packet of them that focus on different areas (i.e. conflict, innovation, team-player, efficiency, etc.). The longer the manager was at the company the more they relied on their own questions for the interview (ex. why should we hire you, why SC Johnson, tell me about our competitors). All of them went through resume and relevant skills that I had. Overall very friendly and a great experience. Haven't heard back yet if I have an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the process of product formulation from the viewpoint of a consumer, and from the viewpoint of a chemist? What are some of the main categories we should focus on?   Answer Question

Lead Design (Senior Research Designer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in August 2013.

It was a long interview. I had 8 interviewers with 8 different lines of questioning. It was clear in the first few minutes that it would be too complicated to embellish anything so you have to be yourself in the actual interview. There is a drug test, and detailed questions about any "criminal" past. The definition of criminal was a little more inclusive than I have seen before. It included traffic related items and other things I would not have expected.

Interview Questions
    • Because the questions were canned, sometimes they made no sense in the context of the job. "how have you worked with consumer insight before, and how has having their imput changed what you were doing - give examples". Well, I was working for consumers and they were paying me so every day I was making those changes minute by minutes as dictated by the consumers, so that was my reality every minute and as such is hard to describe in the "epic moment" they seemed to be expecting. they could not understand this, as they are very sheltered from the very consumers they are trying to please. They don't understand small business. If you come from there be aware that these long-timers are far removed from who they want to please and are sort of behind on current practices. the interviewers who were not long-timers deviated from the canned script and I think it was more effective in teasing out why I could be a better candidate than someone else. That canned script was pretty crappy and a few of the interviewers saw that in the first few minutes while others "toed the company line" and got my stock answer because they asked the stock question. That was a waste of both of our times.   Answer Question
    They did a relatively fair offer so I had minimal negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

The Interview process was grueling. Be sure to have your STAR stories ready and be prepared to answer the most ridiculous questions that have very little to do with WHO you are as a person, employee or team-member. No matter how much I prepared for the interview, I would never have been able to answer the next question without stumbling....

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your positivity proved to be a negative for your team..." You have got to be kidding.   Answer Question