S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

Electrical Engineer Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Gave me a phone interview where some basic resume background information was asked, and told me to apply online and that she would pass my resume onto the hiring team. This was over a month ago, and I have never heard back from her. I tried following up, but my emails were ignored. It is a bit unprofessional to reach out to somebody and then ignore them when they try to follow up with you.

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interviewed by more than 10 people. Many in hR. none are great interviewers. A lot of repeat questions. The most weird was my would be boss kept asking "how would you do x or y... " I answered but felt as if I should have charged them for an hour of consulting.

Interview Questions
    • The last one before you was very talented. How do you know you won't fail?   View Answer
    Not much.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in April 2010.

HR Manager was on speaker phone remaining silent, while group panel discussed the position, my credentials, et cetera. I forgot the Hiring Manager was even there, she did not speak once. She must have took a corporate cat nap. Overall the interview experience was a 7 out of 10 point scale.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in December 2009.

Screening interview with recruitment agency. After that, first interview in the headquarters with Human Resources and then with sales director and account director.

The company looks for enthusiastic professionals eager to pursue a long-term career within the organization. It doesn't matter if you don't have experience in the field they "sell" you a career plan with continuous formation. Just be yourself and show passion for sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • Would you work in the logistics department as part of your career plan?   Answer Question
    Negotiation depends on experience and level of studies

Tax Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in June 2013.

One phone interview

Procurement Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2013.

The hiring process started with an interview by phone with a HR recruiter Who wanted to know my motivations, my general information and testing my level of english. After that I was invited to 3 individual interviews: the HR herself, two Procurement managers and their boss. It happened in three different days and depending on the success of the previous interview. The questions were situational such as tell about a time when you succeed/ failed. ...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something wrong, what happened and what did you learn.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Higher salary then my previous one.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Recruitment goes directly and via recruiting companies (international like Ancor, Kelly Services). First interview with recruiter. Second interview with HR specialist, by the phone. Questions are regular: description of education, professional background, experience, achievements, reasons for changing the job, expectations in compensation package. If everything is OK, company invites you to the office for face-to-face interview with HR director to clarify some specific and sensetive points (regarding professional experience, language literacy, motivation) and if OK you will have interview with Sales Director. Interview goes in Englis as it is official corporate language. Most of questions are about professional experience and cases to understand your real professional level, motivation, compliance with corporate business model and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Actually questions are common for sales people. Nothing extraodinary. It looks that most unexpected questions concerns business culture to identify if candidate is comfortable with fare competition and business model based on fare and transparent rules. Or if the candidate on opposite relies on various less transparent tools like extra bonuses to get order from client, various gifts etc.   Answer Question
    It was quite simple. There was some small discussion about fixed salary amount. I was offered initially the lowest possible amount but claimed for little bit more than average, which was OK for company as their evaluation of my professional level met their best expectations. Everything elce was standard: company car, insurance, health care and sport subventions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in April 2009.

2-3 times of interview with the hiring manager, HR and GM

Paralegal Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2012.

Very difficult lots of computer tests

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at S.C. Johnson in December 2010.

Typically SC Johnson conducts phone interview with potential employees. For on-site interviews, the company flies you into either Milwaukee or O'Hare and picks you up with a dedicated driver in a Surburban.

Many of decisions in the company are made by consensus, so as expected, the interview day is full of 1 hour interviews with different individuals. At the end of the day, the interviewers get together and discuss their impressions with the interviewee.

Interview questions are typical behavioral questions (i.e. tell me of a time when you...) One interviewer was tasked to ask Intellectual questions to dig deep into the practical understanding and thought process of the interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had a difficult decision to make.   Answer Question
    Negotiated through a recruiter. Explained salary and benefit requirements and expectations were met.

Worked for S.C. Johnson? Contribute to the Community!