S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Gave me a phone interview where some basic resume background information was asked, and told me to apply online and that she would pass my resume onto the hiring team. This was over a month ago, and I have never heard back from her. I tried following up, but my emails were ignored. It is a bit unprofessional to reach out to somebody and then ignore them when they try to follow up with you.

Operational Excellence Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in November 2014.

Interview

The initial process of interviews went well - had a very good insight of the company and the role that I'll take on in case I'm hired. The negative experience for me started post-interview when their HR called me and advised that I am already up for a Job Offer. The day after I received a call and was informed that They made a mistake and had to schedule another interview with the HR Manager which i accommodated and was not able to receive any feedback after that. There has been no formal communication from them as to the results and was left hanging for a decision when they originally mentioned that they needed to fill the role ASAP. That was truly a disappointing experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Interviewed by more than 10 people. Many in hR. none are great interviewers. A lot of repeat questions. The most weird was my would be boss kept asking "how would you do x or y... " I answered but felt as if I should have charged them for an hour of consulting.

Interview Questions

• The last one before you was very talented. How do you know you won't fail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Lowell, AR) in April 2010.

Interview

HR Manager was on speaker phone remaining silent, while group panel discussed the position, my credentials, et cetera. I forgot the Hiring Manager was even there, she did not speak once. She must have took a corporate cat nap. Overall the interview experience was a 7 out of 10 point scale.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in December 2009.

Interview

Screening interview with recruitment agency. After that, first interview in the headquarters with Human Resources and then with sales director and account director. The company looks for enthusiastic professionals eager to pursue a long-term career within the organization. It doesn't matter if you don't have experience in the field they "sell" you a career plan with continuous formation. Just be yourself and show passion for sales and marketing.

Interview Questions

• Would you work in the logistics department as part of your career plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation depends on experience and level of studies

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson (Saint Petersburg (Russia)).

Interview

Recruitment goes directly and via recruiting companies (international like Ancor, Kelly Services). First interview with recruiter. Second interview with HR specialist, by the phone. Questions are regular: description of education, professional background, experience, achievements, reasons for changing the job, expectations in compensation package. If everything is OK, company invites you to the office for face-to-face interview with HR director to clarify some specific and sensetive points (regarding professional experience, language literacy, motivation) and if OK you will have interview with Sales Director. Interview goes in Englis as it is official corporate language. Most of questions are about professional experience and cases to understand your real professional level, motivation, compliance with corporate business model and culture.

Interview Questions

• Actually questions are common for sales people. Nothing extraodinary. It looks that most unexpected questions concerns business culture to identify if candidate is comfortable with fare competition and business model based on fare and transparent rules. Or if the candidate on opposite relies on various less transparent tools like extra bonuses to get order from client, various gifts etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quite simple. There was some small discussion about fixed salary amount. I was offered initially the lowest possible amount but claimed for little bit more than average, which was OK for company as their evaluation of my professional level met their best expectations. Everything elce was standard: company car, insurance, health care and sport subventions.

Tax Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in June 2013.

Interview

One phone interview

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. It started with a university career fair booth meeting, followed by on (university) campus interview screening and ultimately completed with a phone interview. The offer followed the phone interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was mostly personality driven. An hour was spent talking to the HR about my past experiences and where I want to go as a professional. The overall interview was alright. There was nothing out of the ordinary and no questions were posed that deemed more interesting than the generic HR questions. There was a 2 week decision delay to decline going further with my application due to a lack of "technical" experience of my part, even though the interview was solely on focused on personality.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process started with an interview by phone with a HR recruiter Who wanted to know my motivations, my general information and testing my level of english. After that I was invited to 3 individual interviews: the HR herself, two Procurement managers and their boss. It happened in three different days and depending on the success of the previous interview. The questions were situational such as tell about a time when you succeed/ failed. ...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something wrong, what happened and what did you learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Higher salary then my previous one.