S.C. Johnson

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.1

National Account Manager Interview

Standard STAR format interviews - situation, task, action, result. Questions are pretty typical, "tell me about a time when...". Company is also becoming more focused on future of employee in the company so have an answer for where you see yourself in 5-10 years. If you're in sales you'll most likely be forced to move so don't bother applying if you're not mobile.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a complex financial situation you had to work through.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in October 2014.

Was fairly quick. Interview lasted appx. 1 1/2 hours, with six people interviewing. They were all really pleasant and friendly. Interview questions were behavior based. take your time, think about the question, answer the best way you can.

Interview Questions
    • How you were able to complete your work task, without technology, having the same end result?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The hiring process was very simple. It started with a university career fair booth meeting, followed by on (university) campus interview screening and ultimately completed with a phone interview. The offer followed the phone interview.

Brand Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S.C. Johnson in September 2014.

I applied online through my campus recruiting website. I was selected for a first round interview and met with the recruiters a few day before at my campus career fair. Interview was mostly behavioral based and ended with a case questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a new product that you think is being marketed effectively   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview set up through college online. Interview was around 30-45 minutes. Asked typical behavioral questions. Really like the STAR method. One case question at the end that was kind of difficult.

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

The Interview process was grueling. Be sure to have your STAR stories ready and be prepared to answer the most ridiculous questions that have very little to do with WHO you are as a person, employee or team-member. No matter how much I prepared for the interview, I would never have been able to answer the next question without stumbling....

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your positivity proved to be a negative for your team..." You have got to be kidding.   Answer Question

ABM Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

I had an Initial phone screen with a recruiter and then another phone screen with HR before getting an invitation for an onsite interview to meet brand managers. The onsite interview was all day and included speaking with several brand managers. Includes a case study at the end. Overall very positive people and relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a difficult decision and stuck with it.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Use Targeted selection: STAR format - situation/task, action, result. Want specific examples of your experience. I had two interviews with 3 people each that were pretty much the same just with different people. One right after another.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were least satisfied in your job. A time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Lead Design (Senior Research Designer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in August 2013.

It was a long interview. I had 8 interviewers with 8 different lines of questioning. It was clear in the first few minutes that it would be too complicated to embellish anything so you have to be yourself in the actual interview. There is a drug test, and detailed questions about any "criminal" past. The definition of criminal was a little more inclusive than I have seen before. It included traffic related items and other things I would not have expected.

Interview Questions
    • Because the questions were canned, sometimes they made no sense in the context of the job. "how have you worked with consumer insight before, and how has having their imput changed what you were doing - give examples". Well, I was working for consumers and they were paying me so every day I was making those changes minute by minutes as dictated by the consumers, so that was my reality every minute and as such is hard to describe in the "epic moment" they seemed to be expecting. they could not understand this, as they are very sheltered from the very consumers they are trying to please. They don't understand small business. If you come from there be aware that these long-timers are far removed from who they want to please and are sort of behind on current practices. the interviewers who were not long-timers deviated from the canned script and I think it was more effective in teasing out why I could be a better candidate than someone else. That canned script was pretty crappy and a few of the interviewers saw that in the first few minutes while others "toed the company line" and got my stock answer because they asked the stock question. That was a waste of both of our times.   Answer Question
    They did a relatively fair offer so I had minimal negotiation.

Procurement Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in May 2013.

The hiring process started with an interview by phone with a HR recruiter Who wanted to know my motivations, my general information and testing my level of english. After that I was invited to 3 individual interviews: the HR herself, two Procurement managers and their boss. It happened in three different days and depending on the success of the previous interview. The questions were situational such as tell about a time when you succeed/ failed. ...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something wrong, what happened and what did you learn.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Higher salary then my previous one.