S.C. Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was mostly personality driven. An hour was spent talking to the HR about my past experiences and where I want to go as a professional. The overall interview was alright. There was nothing out of the ordinary and no questions were posed that deemed more interesting than the generic HR questions. There was a 2 week decision delay to decline going further with my application due to a lack of "technical" experience of my part, even though the interview was solely on focused on personality.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Case study with an hour and a half to prepare at first it didn't seem to make sense but once I looked into it more it seemed relevant. Then I had to present my findings to the managers who were supportive and asked some probing questions. This was followed by some general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have had to work as a team to complete a goal   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

This was a full day interview and consisted with meeting an HR representative, 4 senior members of the group, and lunch with an employee currently holding a similar position, followed by giving an oral presentation for the group. Each meeting was approximately 1 hour, as was the presentation. The people were very nice and it was an all-around good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where a colleague is not contributing their part toward a group project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S.C. Johnson.

Interview

Interview process was quick but onsite interview left much to be desired. I was there 6 hours and only spoke with people for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I was kept waiting 45 after my end time for one of my meetings to start. No one asked if this would work with my schedule. Standards say they should have offered a phone interview later in the week with the interviewer who was running late. Operations interviewers were dynamic and made me excited. Leadership interviewer demonstrated outdated ideas of interviewing and exhibited actions to demonstrate his/her authority and position rather than be concerned about me as a candidate. This demonstration was the exact opposite of the team environment they were trying to develop. I decided 15 minutes into my discussion with the final interviewer to withdraw from consideration but wanted to see how the business followed-up, etc. to get a better idea of company integrity. It was as I suspected - not unusual but not good either. As candidates have the freedom to choose where they want to work based on demand, companies that don't own up to bad interview experiences, etc. will continue to lose candidates unless what they can offer is amazing in comparison to the market. S.C. Johnson's offerings are not amazing compared to the market - at least for working in HR at the home office.

Interview Questions

• Still asking the "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" question - organizations change too much in five years for this now to be anything more than a generic attempt to gauge ambition. Better questions exist and this question is beginning to indicate organizations that are out of step with talent.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at S.C. Johnson in November 2014.

Interview

The initial process of interviews went well - had a very good insight of the company and the role that I'll take on in case I'm hired.

The negative experience for me started post-interview when their HR called me and advised that I am already up for a Job Offer. The day after I received a call and was informed that They made a mistake and had to schedule another interview with the HR Manager which i accommodated and was not able to receive any feedback after that. There has been no formal communication from them as to the results and was left hanging for a decision when they originally mentioned that they needed to fill the role ASAP. That was truly a disappointing experience.

National Account Manager Interview

Interview

Standard STAR format interviews - situation, task, action, result. Questions are pretty typical, "tell me about a time when...". Company is also becoming more focused on future of employee in the company so have an answer for where you see yourself in 5-10 years. If you're in sales you'll most likely be forced to move so don't bother applying if you're not mobile.

Interview Questions

• Explain a complex financial situation you had to work through.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S.C. Johnson (Bay City, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Was fairly quick. Interview lasted appx. 1 1/2 hours, with six people interviewing. They were all really pleasant and friendly. Interview questions were behavior based. take your time, think about the question, answer the best way you can.

Interview Questions

• How you were able to complete your work task, without technology, having the same end result?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. It started with a university career fair booth meeting, followed by on (university) campus interview screening and ultimately completed with a phone interview. The offer followed the phone interview.

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S.C. Johnson in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my campus recruiting website. I was selected for a first round interview and met with the recruiters a few day before at my campus career fair. Interview was mostly behavioral based and ended with a case questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a new product that you think is being marketed effectively   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview set up through college online. Interview was around 30-45 minutes. Asked typical behavioral questions. Really like the STAR method. One case question at the end that was kind of difficult.