S.P. Richards

Very Easy Interview

Order Filler Interview

Order Filler
North Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S.P. Richards in June 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions that you face with any job. Name a time you did this, a time when you did that, and how were you a leader. Then, they tell you about the job, what the pay is, and ask if you are comfortable with your shift.

Interview Question – You do understand that if you call off you will be fired, correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. the starting pay was $11.65 an hour

Very Easy Interview

Order Picker Interview

Order Picker
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S.P. Richards in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 separate interviews w different management

Interview Question – how long do you plan on working here   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S.P. Richards in February 2012.

Interview Details – I have worked with this company for quite awhile doing the multiple duties that the warehouse has. When the previous supervisor was fired, the company started teaching me the a lot of the duties of the supervisor position. I worked my butt off and learned a lot of new stuff just to be let down by the GM saying "the outside competition is tough". Come to find out they brought in a new person from the outside. I feel like i was a horse with a carrot dangling in front of me. The management here has always talked about the great oppurtunities in the company, and yet they would rather bring someone else in with no experience in the company or years of hard work put in. It is very frustrating and i don't think the upper management know what these kind of decisions make the employees think of them.

Interview Questions

• In terms of company profit what ideas could i bring forth to raise the profit.   View Answer
  • The GM asked several unrelated questions off the topic about my schooling, and then went on in detail how he had to move so the GM at the warehouse he used to work at could keep himself planted where he was.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S.P. Richards in April 2008.

Interview Details – I first met with a recruiter at the University's career fair. I then set up an interview for the following day. The interview was a normal one on one interview with mostly routine interview questions. After the one on one interview, you complete an assessment. If you posses certain traits common to their top performing employees they will consider you. This particular position was a two year program.

Interview Question – What was your favorite day of school this past semester? Why?   Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S.P. Richards in July 2009.

Interview Details – After applying on-line, I received a phone call from the hiring manager to set up an in person interview. I interviewed with the Supply Chain Manager and the Purchasing Manager. Both were very likeable and easy to talk to. The interviews lasted about 30 min. each and they were mostly behavioral type interview questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you instead of other candidates?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for S.P. Richards? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S.P. Richards interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by S.P. Richards employees and interview candidates.