S.S. Marketing Group

Candidate Interview Review

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online – interviewed at S.S. Marketing Group.

Before I begin, I have never written a review about a company like this, but I feel that people should be prepared for that is to come if you take an interview with SS Marketing Group. Here we go.

I came across this companies job posting through this website, the posting itself was very ambiguous, they claimed to be an entry level marketing company with growth in my area. I figured I would give it a shot and send off my resume. After applying I looked around on the website to do some research, again full of ambiguity. After some digging I found a page that listed products they help to market, including kitchen items and siding for homes. A few days later I received an email claiming the hiring manager felt that I had skills needed to do the job, etc. I set up an interview for a specific time the following day.

The day of the interview I showed up early, ten minutes or so. The parking lot and building were covered in moss, and had an overall feeling of being damp year round (red flag number one). I walked in the building to see a street vendors tofu cart and an empty reception desk. After finding the "suite" I needed, I went in. I was greeted by a nice lady in her mid twenties, she handed me a clipboard with a blank resume type form to fill out (red flag number two). I looked for a place to sit, either a fraternity type couch or one of two chairs. For my interview time slot there were three others waiting (red flag number three). The office itself was for lack of a better word, pathetic. A tiny boom box playing rap music and an empty room with a white board in it. I would like to stress that at this point I was no longer interested in the job, I was there solely to gain information for this review.

I finally got called in to speak with the manager twenty minutes after my set time. He was nice and personable. After talking about the position a little bit more I got the details! The job was to casually walk around home depot and start up conversations with customers to see what their needs were in order to set them up with a home depot consultant. The manager kept throwing around buzzwords like "management training", "as a new manager you will be making a six figure paycheck," not buying it.

After speaking for a bit longer he mentioned that part two of the interview process was going "on site" to get a feel for the work day (which is six days, Mon-Sat). I cannot speak with certainty here, but I believe this to be a way to get free labor during the "interview." I told him I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions