S&C Electric

Very Difficult Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at S&C Electric in June 2012.

Interview Details – `There were several phone calls with various people including human resource, then nothing for a very long time. I gave up and started looking around at other places then called back and asked me to come in for interview.

were very late meeting with me and one man cancelled so back home again and then nothing for two weeks, then same thing again come in and meet with lots of people, but this time were all on time.

Interview Question – tried to trip me up on electric engineer questions when I am Mechanical Engineer, so when I said don't know they frowned and went on in very sassy manner with me I didn't like.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – unorganized and sassy people who maybe wont train younger people or include me in good wrk assinments, and salary offer was very, very low compare to where I work now closer to house

Occupational Health Nurse - Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Occupational Health Nurse - Licensed Practical Nurse
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&C Electric in April 2011.

Interview Details – My recruiter set up the interview. I interviewed face-to-face with the employer and received a phone call later that afternoon that they wanted me to start the next Monday.
*This company is very 'title' based. If you don't have an advanced degree or a title, they are not interested in keeping you regardless of how good your work is.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&C Electric in April 2011.

Interview Details – It took the folks at S&C a while to get back to me once I had sent my resume to the hiring manager. Once they did, I gave a phone interview and that was it. While it took them another couple of weeks to confirm my offer, it was apparently due to a reshuffle in the HR department. The entire process from submission of resume to offer letter took about two months.

The one-off interview on the phone was no big deal. All the questions asked were behavioral.

Interview Question – What did you learn from your past internship experience?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at S&C Electric in January 2010.

Interview Details – The initial interview on campus with an HR representative mainly consisted on behavioural questions and probing my interest in long-term employment over there. The second interview was a full day on-site interview. You spend about one hour with each manager of a different group at the company. The questions range from going over your resume (if their technical area is not aligned with yours) or technical questions that are not too difficult if their area is aligned with yours. Overall I suggest you be positive and know everything on your resume. You should also be technically strong in at least one engineering area.

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job?   View Answer

Worked for S&C Electric? Contribute to the Community!