S&C Electric

3.2

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&C Electric in July 2014.

You are asked to make a presentation of your background and accomplishments to a panel of employees and managers. During the presentation you are frequently interrupted to answer questions. After the presentation, each interview panel member interviews you separately.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to understand the questions from several young foreign nationals who spoke English with poor accent and bad grammar.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&C Electric in June 2012.

`There were several phone calls with various people including human resource, then nothing for a very long time. I gave up and started looking around at other places then called back and asked me to come in for interview.

were very late meeting with me and one man cancelled so back home again and then nothing for two weeks, then same thing again come in and meet with lots of people, but this time were all on time.

Interview Questions
    • tried to trip me up on electric engineer questions when I am Mechanical Engineer, so when I said don't know they frowned and went on in very sassy manner with me I didn't like.   View Answer

unorganized and sassy people who maybe wont train younger people or include me in good wrk assinments, and salary offer was very, very low compare to where I work now closer to house

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&C Electric in April 2011.

It took the folks at S&C a while to get back to me once I had sent my resume to the hiring manager. Once they did, I gave a phone interview and that was it. While it took them another couple of weeks to confirm my offer, it was apparently due to a reshuffle in the HR department. The entire process from submission of resume to offer letter took about two months.

The one-off interview on the phone was no big deal. All the questions asked were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from your past internship experience?   Answer Question

Occupational Health Nurse - Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&C Electric in April 2011.

My recruiter set up the interview. I interviewed face-to-face with the employer and received a phone call later that afternoon that they wanted me to start the next Monday.
    *This company is very 'title' based. If you don't have an advanced degree or a title, they are not interested in keeping you regardless of how good your work is.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&C Electric in January 2010.

The initial interview on campus with an HR representative mainly consisted on behavioural questions and probing my interest in long-term employment over there. The second interview was a full day on-site interview. You spend about one hour with each manager of a different group at the company. The questions range from going over your resume (if their technical area is not aligned with yours) or technical questions that are not too difficult if their area is aligned with yours. Overall I suggest you be positive and know everything on your resume. You should also be technically strong in at least one engineering area.