S&P Capital IQ Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

almost non existent - i knew more about the company than both the HR rep giving the interview and the manager that ultimately hired me. Everyone was new and people seemed more interested in socializing with one another than what was going on with the business. Employees were completely oblivious to everything outside their immediate teams.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Capital IQ boasts an extremely cool group of people...I felt very comfortable in the preliminary interview, and during super day interviews. The company culture seems incredible, definitely a great place to work. I applied through a school employment site, interviewed on campus, then interviewed on site for super day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview questions were very basic and what you normally expect to be asked. Be prepared to answer typical questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about an experience in which you were challenged and how you over came it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I would not be able to know from looking on your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New Delhi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. Called for interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• "This is a task oriented and mundane role. Are you sure you will want to do this?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

interview process is average, and it is very good. Panel is very good and they makes us to feel comfortable. Some Questions were tough and some were easy overall the experience is good

Interview Questions

• Given some balance sheet items and asked to do Ratio Analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Delhi (India)) in October 2008.

Interview

How did you prepare your resume? Any help/material you took/read? Resume inputs from batch mates & more importantly from seniors. Fine tuning the resume with inputs especially from seniors or batch mates who are already working helped a lot. How did you prepare for your interview/GD? Did you work in groups? Any website/material you read/used for preparation of Case-Studies/HR Questions/Puzzles/Technical/GDs? (Your sending across links/documents would help us compile a single point resource) Importance of mock Interviews & Case studies along with your peers cannot be more emphasized. Lots of material is available in campus both for case studies and HR questions. “BE Prepared ” gives u an insight into what to expect in your interviews ? During Placement Season What was the procedure of selection in the companies you sat for? Company 1: Merryl Lynch, Shortlisting based on online form & test, resume. 2 rounds of Interviews. Company 2: Grail Research, Shortlisting based on test & resume. 2-4 rounds of interviews. Walk us through the GDs/Interviews of these companies. The questions that you were asked and other details that you may remember would be of great help. (You may not write the answers you gave) Merryl Lynch : 1st round had one 10 min interview . Some HR questions & checking basic knowledge in finance. 2nd round had 2 interviews each of 20-30 minutes. Questions on finance, projects, HR, & puzzles in both the interviews. Grail Research : 1st round had 2 Estimation Case studies along with some HR questions. For example “ Calculate no. of cold drinks sold in India in a given year”. 2nd round again was a mix of business case studies and HR questions. If someone wants to appear for these companies, what all should he/she ideally prepare? (If you could draw from your mistakes, it would help a lot.) For students going for Non-Tech companies, neglecting HR questions can be a big mistake (Not particularly sure how imp. it is for Tech companies) “Tell me about yourself” seems to be the most innocent questions of all, but can prove to be a big pain if left for Impromptu. As far as case studies go, solve at least 5 different types of case in your group to get a feel for it.