S&P Capital IQ

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – interview process is average, and it is very good. Panel is very good and they makes us to feel comfortable. Some Questions were tough and some were easy overall the experience is good

Interview Question – Given some balance sheet items and asked to do Ratio Analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website. Called for interview in 2 days.

Interview Question – "This is a task oriented and mundane role. Are you sure you will want to do this?"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – Capital IQ boasts an extremely cool group of people...I felt very comfortable in the preliminary interview, and during super day interviews. The company culture seems incredible, definitely a great place to work.

I applied through a school employment site, interviewed on campus, then interviewed on site for super day.

Interview Question – Walk me through your story...why are you here?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very basic and what you normally expect to be asked. Be prepared to answer typical questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about an experience in which you were challenged and how you over came it.

Interview Question – Tell me something about you that I would not be able to know from looking on your resume.   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2008.

Interview Details – How did you prepare your resume? Any help/material you took/read?
Resume inputs from batch mates & more importantly from seniors. Fine tuning the resume with inputs especially from
seniors or batch mates who are already working helped a lot.
How did you prepare for your interview/GD? Did you work in groups? Any website/material you read/used for
preparation of Case-Studies/HR Questions/Puzzles/Technical/GDs? (Your sending across links/documents would help
us compile a single point resource)
Importance of mock Interviews & Case studies along with your peers cannot be more emphasized.
Lots of material is available in campus both for case studies and HR questions. “BE Prepared ” gives u
an insight into what to expect in your interviews ?
During Placement Season
What was the procedure of selection in the companies you sat for?
Company 1: Merryl Lynch, Shortlisting based on online form & test, resume. 2 rounds of Interviews.
Company 2: Grail Research, Shortlisting based on test & resume. 2-4 rounds of interviews. Walk us through the
GDs/Interviews of these companies. The questions that you were asked and other details that you may remember would
be of great help. (You may not write the answers you gave) Merryl Lynch : 1st round had one 10 min interview . Some
HR questions & checking basic knowledge in finance.
2nd round had 2 interviews each of 20-30 minutes. Questions on finance, projects, HR, & puzzles in both
the interviews.
Grail Research : 1st round had 2 Estimation Case studies along with some HR questions. For example “
Calculate no.
of cold drinks sold in India in a given year”.
2nd round again was a mix of business case studies and HR questions.
If someone wants to appear for these companies, what all should he/she ideally prepare? (If you could draw from your
mistakes, it would help a lot.)
For students going for Non-Tech companies, neglecting HR questions can be a big mistake (Not particularly sure how
imp. it
is for Tech companies)
“Tell me about yourself” seems to be the most innocent questions of all, but can prove to be a big pain if
left for Impromptu.
As far as case studies go, solve at least 5 different types of case in your group to get a feel for it.

Interview Question – who am i?   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!