S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Got interview through on-campus recruiting. There was a 30 min pre-interview technology test. Afterwards, a behavioral interview where the recruiter discusses the results from the test and asks questions about your approach. There were plenty of questions about why you chose a certain design and other human-computer interaction questions. Finally, the recruiter gives a general overview of the position and responsibilities. Very informal one-on-one talk.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't you want to sort queries based on popularity if you worked at S&P?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Question – Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – First round was a design test that included qa testing questions and erd. Second round included 3 interviews where design questions were asked

Interview Question – Walk through a website and redesign it   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of a skills test (mainly dealing with interface design) and then a 1:1 interview going over performance on skills test and testing general logic/thinking skills.

Final Round consisted of a Super Day in the city with 3 1:1 interviews with different team members. Essentially they threw current problems at you and watched you work through them on a white board while explaining.

Overall a terrible experience, I was notified later that they had already filled all of the position openings and had over interviewed applicants. They were long between communications and unresponsive. Took them 4 months to repay my travel expenses. However, the company has a start up quality inside of a giant, so that's nice.

Interview Question – Design a web search user interface for current website.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

Interview Details – Offered Interview at school, which consisted of an hour. It was basically 30 minutes answering a question then 30 minutes reviewing it. THen if they like you they will call you back to go to New York then interview process took all day there. It consisted of interviewing with 3 people on personality, and two technical. Afterwards you go home, but they provide funding to fly to new york.

Interview Question – First question was design a website that involved in showing stock data. It had criterias.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a 30 min Skills test (based on the role- Developer/DBA/ BA) and then a 1:1 interview to discuss solutions to interview questions. Questions included how to design a user interface based on a given scenario.

Interview Question – How would you design a user interface for Capital IQ's website given some specific requirements.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – Took a test on designing the layout of a website for listing the results of a search and for business model relationships. Then discussed with two different business analysts about how i reached the answers. Afterwards, standard interview questions were asked. Tried to follow up with emails on the status of the interview, but there was no response after a month.

Interview Question – Describe how you would solve multi-threading in accessing nodes of a binary tree   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – first interview:
- 30 minute test on coding, designing a website interface, and designing a database
- 1:1 interview mostly discussing the test & explaining your answers
second interview:
second interview (NYC):
- lasted about 2 hours
- 30 minute 1:1 interviews with Business Analysts
- you are asked design questions, to show/explain work that you've done
- very relaxed/conversational

Interview Question – If you could collect and display data/information about any area of your life, what would you do/how would you display & present it in a useful way   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received an interview after meeting Capital IQ at my campus career fair. Relatively quickly, I got a first round interview which consisted of a half an hour one on one interview. A week later, I got invited to an on-site interview in NY. I thought the on-site interview was more personality based to determine if you fit in their culture. They told me that they would get back to a week and so far it has been a week and they still have not gotten back to me. Another colleauge of mine interviewed earlier than I have & still has not heard back as well.

Interview Questions

• What websites do you visit daily & what functionality's would you add or improve   Answer Question
  • Draw the layout of your favorite website & point out the pros and cons of it   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Interview, lasted for one hour, finished the problem set they gave in half a hour and then discussed the solution with the interviewee. User interface design

Interview Question – Design the user interface for a given website with some descriptions   View Answer

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!