S&P Capital IQ

Updated Aug 30, 2014

3.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

You sit down and take a thirty minute test based on the job position (BA, DBA, or Software Engineer). After the test, an employee comes in and discusses situations and circumstances that can alter your answers (they are trying to see WHY you answered the questions the way you did). The questions are open-ended, but challenging to see if you fit their criteria.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

There is a initial aptitude test consisting of 4 sections answering the first one is compulsary as it test your quantitative aptitude the next section depends on the postion u apply for ...
    SE - codes and outputs
    DBA - sql queries and other realted questions
    BA - everyday life situations ....
    generic . - write a problem solving experince

The Interviews were three rounds 1 on campus and 2 in the company
    they consisted mostly of everyday situations ... he projects u are part of and your introduction
    and other activities u are involved in ...also they will give u use cases to solve and UI's to design ..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Hiring and interview process was held for so many candidates at a time and the first round was an written test which are on the basics of finance and second round was personal interview round in which they mainly asked about detail explanation of financial ratios.

Interview Questions
    • Explain CAPM in detail.This is followed by some related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

Campus Placements.Consisted of three rounds.First round was aptitude.Second round was technical(Mostly related to Business Analysts and some database questions).Third round was combination of both technical and HR.Most of the questions here was based on whether you were interested to work as Business Analyst or not.(My first preference was DBA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

Met them at a career fair and dropped off my resume. Was called for an inperson interview on campus. Interviewer was young. Had graduated from college 2 years earlier. We were asked to answer a technical question on designing a web page. that part of the interview lasted 30 minutes. Later, she came to evaluate my work and we discussed it and she asked some questions about it. That lasted about 15 minutes and then she asked general fit questions in which she was trying to find out my technical / design background. We discussed designing web pages some more and I asked a few questions. She was very nice. It's been a week and I am yet to find out if I will be called back for a 2nd round or not.. *fingers crossed*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

First round was a design test that included qa testing questions and erd. Second round included 3 interviews where design questions were asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

It was a campus drive.We were given a choice of applying for BA/QA/DBA/SE . According to that we were asked to write appropriate sections in written test. Aptitude, challenge u experienced were compulsory sections.Apart from that coding section, technical section, Testing questions were there. I attempted BA and QA questions mostly and got through written.
    In the first interview, i was asked to draw a flowchart , usecase diagram, interviewer asked me to explain what is a usecase, gave me a situation like developing a shower for a physically handicapped person and some general questions.
     After !st round we were asked to leave. Shortlisted candidates were asked to come to their office.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The total number of interviews were 4. I had to go on the campus and was there whole day. The questions were related to general accounting/ economics terminology and general knowledge about current affairs.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to associate the name of a person with whatever they were famous for and tehn they mentioned a random name that does not exist.   View Answer

I got another offer from another company taht I preferred working in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Questions
    • Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question