S&P Capital IQ Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

3.1

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Call for interview based on review of the CV.
Round one - short interview asking basic and general questions.
Round two - detailed written test. There were different sections - GK, writing business reports based on a detailed write up given about a particular fictional company and answering questions after analysis of business reports.
Round three - technical interview.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult was writing the business report based on a detailed write up given about the company in question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2010.

The first round of the interview consisted of taking a skills assestment test. The first question wanted you to outline/draw a sample interface of a database to hold documents. The second question asked about ERD's, and making one for a specific scenario. Then the interviewer would then come in, and ask you questions on your answers. The interviewer would propose difference scenarios for the interface, and ask how you would debug and implement small changes to improve user capability.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

first interview was drawing an erd diagram and another skills based question. First person I talked to I was extremely impressed with, really smart guy. I got a second interview down at their office where I saw the first person i interviewed with, my potential manager, and another business analyst. the other business analyst had been there awhile, and seemed frustrated with the company but loved the people. the manager was smart and asked good questions. I signed a paper for travel reimbursement, was told I would hear back in two weeks and left. That's when things got unorganized. I didn't hear anything back for over two weeks, emailed the recruiter and heard nothing back. I got the check like a month and a half later and it was for double the amount I put down. My friend also had a second interview and emailed the recruiter and was told he wasn't getting the job. I emailed them two times more and never heard a thing back. Kind of ridiculous for a company to be that unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

I received an interview after meeting Capital IQ at my campus career fair. Relatively quickly, I got a first round interview which consisted of a half an hour one on one interview. A week later, I got invited to an on-site interview in NY. I thought the on-site interview was more personality based to determine if you fit in their culture. They told me that they would get back to a week and so far it has been a week and they still have not gotten back to me. Another colleauge of mine interviewed earlier than I have & still has not heard back as well.

Interview Questions
    • What websites do you visit daily & what functionality's would you add or improve   Answer Question
    • Draw the layout of your favorite website & point out the pros and cons of it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

first interview:
    - 30 minute test on coding, designing a website interface, and designing a database
    - 1:1 interview mostly discussing the test & explaining your answers
    second interview:
    second interview (NYC):
    - lasted about 2 hours
    - 30 minute 1:1 interviews with Business Analysts
    - you are asked design questions, to show/explain work that you've done
    - very relaxed/conversational

Interview Questions
    • If you could collect and display data/information about any area of your life, what would you do/how would you display & present it in a useful way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Took a test on designing the layout of a website for listing the results of a search and for business model relationships. Then discussed with two different business analysts about how i reached the answers. Afterwards, standard interview questions were asked. Tried to follow up with emails on the status of the interview, but there was no response after a month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would solve multi-threading in accessing nodes of a binary tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Interview consisted of a 30 min Skills test (based on the role- Developer/DBA/ BA) and then a 1:1 interview to discuss solutions to interview questions. Questions included how to design a user interface based on a given scenario.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a user interface for Capital IQ's website given some specific requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

Offered Interview at school, which consisted of an hour. It was basically 30 minutes answering a question then 30 minutes reviewing it. THen if they like you they will call you back to go to New York then interview process took all day there. It consisted of interviewing with 3 people on personality, and two technical. Afterwards you go home, but they provide funding to fly to new york.

Interview Questions
    • First question was design a website that involved in showing stock data. It had criterias.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

The first interview consisted of a skills test (mainly dealing with interface design) and then a 1:1 interview going over performance on skills test and testing general logic/thinking skills.

Final Round consisted of a Super Day in the city with 3 1:1 interviews with different team members. Essentially they threw current problems at you and watched you work through them on a white board while explaining.

Overall a terrible experience, I was notified later that they had already filled all of the position openings and had over interviewed applicants. They were long between communications and unresponsive. Took them 4 months to repay my travel expenses. However, the company has a start up quality inside of a giant, so that's nice.

Interview Questions
    • Design a web search user interface for current website.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

Long - met with multiple people during 2 sessions. First session was 2 people, second session was 4 people.

Interview Questions

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!