S&P Capital IQ

S&P Capital IQ Client Development Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first round interview was a simple behavioral interview on campus. The second round consisted of a Superday with 4 one on one interviews, a demo of the program, and a tour. The one on one interviews went through your resume. Some emphasized the extracurriculars, while others focused on the work experience. Everyone in the office was great and friendly.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than the other candidates?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of a 1:1 interview on campus. Very laid back. They just wanted to get a feel for what kind of person you are. The next round of interviews took place in NY. They flew me out there for their Super Day, which consisted of several 1:1 interviews and a demo of their platform. Interviews were again focused on figuring you out as a person. They just want to see if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Client Development Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – Relaxed interview in the beginning. Interviewers seem to be uninterested in applicants and want to leave the room as soon as possible. Funny this is how they want to portray this image. They interview way too many people than positions offered which is ridiculous and a waste of time for both sides.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2009.

Interview Details – Relatively straightforward interview. Asked to relate experiences to desired traits that they are looking for. 100% "fit" based with no technical questions

Interview Question – What do you know about Captial IQ   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

Interview Details – I met the recruiting managers at my schools career fair. They both seem very nice! I already knew I had an interview with them the next day, so I asked them to go a little more in depth about the position with me. The night before the interview I looked at their website to get an understanding of the position. The interview itself was great. There were no real set of questions it seemed like; they mainly went down my resume. The interview was more like a conversation. I asked questions to her and she would answer them honestly. Just be honest and know yourself and what you have done.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to be very analytical?   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was a bit rushed as many interviews were scheduled for the day. Interview focused more on getting to know the applicant rather than applicant's skills. Details of the business were discussed thoroughly. Stage two interview is in New York at corporate headquarters. Relocation bonuses were also discussed. First stage interview is done with recruiter rather than Associate.

Interview Question – How do you get along with a team?   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic walk me through your resume stuff. Then it was my turn to ask questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was very laid back. No behavioral questions, all about my resume and trying to decide if I would be a good fit for the company. Super Day consisted of four 1:1 interviews, one of which was over video conference. Everyone was super nice and very laid back; they really just wanted to know who would fit best in the company and why I wanted to work for them.

Interview Question – What three people would you have dinner with if you could have dinner with anyone?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2011.

Interview Details – They sent me an email in response to my on-line application. We set up a first 15minutes phone interview. I found out on this website the most common questions they ask, and... they did ask me those questions (what do you now about CapitalIQ, who are our main competitors, what are your strenghts and weaknesses). The phone call lasted exactly 15 minutes and 3 seconds.

After this they contacted me 7 days later via email to set up a second phone interview. They called me 5 days after that for another 15mins interview, not too different from the previous one, but with more focus on my CV (the most difficult question for me was "Don't you feel you've wasted time doing a postgraduate, since you already had a good degree?" My answer along the lines of "it was more multidisciplinary, there were further challenges, i could prove myself to a higher standard" didnt seem to impress the lady) After exactly 15 mins she thanked me and said she'll be in touch.

I got a very brief email saying "thanks but no thanks" 2 days later. I tried to reply asking for feedback, but got nothing in return.

Interview Question – Don't you think doing a postgraduate was a waste of time?   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position by submitting my resume through my university's online career website, and then they invited me to an on-campus interview. I had a one on one 30 minute interview and it was really relaxed and informal. It almost threw me off because it was so informal and kind of off topic - like one question he asked was to name any 3 people I'd want to meet. It was very casual so it was kind of hard to gauge if I did well or not.

Interview Question – If you could meet any 3 people, who would they be?   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!