S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, had two phone screens and an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• There was one question on designing a class/set of classes which help to find the stock quote for a particular company. A method was provided which takes a sticker(String) as an input and gives the stock value(double). But this method was too expensive to call, so how would you optimize your solution(make the minimal number of calls to this method). Also the stock value returned should not be more than an hour old. There were subparts to this question, on caching the values and multithreading.   Answer Question
  • Given a tree and a value n, check if the sum of values on any path of the tree from root to a leaf equals to that value.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Straight forward skills test followed by a 1:1 interview reviewing the test. I got a call relatively quickly inviting me to NYC for a second round interview. The interview was a bunch of 1:1 interviews with current employees. The questions ranged from technical to personal. Nothing was too difficult. They were nice enough to fly me up for the day, yet although they offered to pay for the taxi ride, they never did. Taxis in NYC are not cheap.

Interview Question – Find the nearest common parent to two given nodes in a tree.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – They asked about factors that affect global economy. Some questions on CAPM were asked. Few questions on financial statement analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Advice : Revise your CFA text books.

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call first, then 2-4 different managers interview you for the specific position you applied. I then heard back in a week or two with an offer from a woman in human resources.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and your interests.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.