S&P Capital IQ Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

one phone interview... then followed up with an in office interview. Interviewed by VP then team I was to work with. Mostly behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had two phone screens and an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• There was one question on designing a class/set of classes which help to find the stock quote for a particular company. A method was provided which takes a sticker(String) as an input and gives the stock value(double). But this method was too expensive to call, so how would you optimize your solution(make the minimal number of calls to this method). Also the stock value returned should not be more than an hour old. There were subparts to this question, on caching the values and multithreading.   Answer Question
    • Given a tree and a value n, check if the sum of values on any path of the tree from root to a leaf equals to that value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First round interview on campus. Straight forward skills test followed by a 1:1 interview reviewing the test. I got a call relatively quickly inviting me to NYC for a second round interview. The interview was a bunch of 1:1 interviews with current employees. The questions ranged from technical to personal. Nothing was too difficult. They were nice enough to fly me up for the day, yet although they offered to pay for the taxi ride, they never did. Taxis in NYC are not cheap.

Interview Questions

• Find the nearest common parent to two given nodes in a tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2015.

Interview

it's a video interview composed of 11 questions. Nothing technical or unexpected. I was asked questions like why do you want to do this internship, what do you want to get from it, what personal qualities do you have that suit this position... For each question I got 30 seconds for preparation and 3 minutes to give the formal answer.

Interview Questions

• about personal experience and understanding of the position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New Delhi (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Shortlisting on the basis of resume and after that telephonic interview was taken. I applied to the company through university. The interview experience was good and they focus on all aspects instead of just CGPA. The questions were mostly about data structures and algorithms and a bit of puzzles.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

They asked about factors that affect global economy. Some questions on CAPM were asked. Few questions on financial statement analysis.

Interview Questions

• Explain Factors in CAPM.   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about financial statements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Advice : Revise your CFA text books.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.

Interview

Phone call first, then 2-4 different managers interview you for the specific position you applied. I then heard back in a week or two with an offer from a woman in human resources.