S&P Capital IQ

197 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Interview Details – The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Question – What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
Explain in detail the process of software development.

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
Behavioral:
>what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
>what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?

Very Easy Interview

Database Engineer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's CareerNet website. I was called for an On-Campus Interview. The interview lasted for an hour. First, I had to appear for a 30 minute test, which included 3 questions. First question was to draw an E-R diagram from the given information. Second question was to solve SQL queries. Third question tests your basic programming skills, few basic programs like prime number, palindrome etc.

A week later, I got an e-mail informing me that I cleared the first round of interview and was invited for the final round of interviews on-site. The final round of interviews lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes. There were 3 interviews one after the other each of 45 mins.

The on-site interview started at 12:30. The 1st interviewer gave a data model and asked some basic SQL queries on that. He also asked about indexing. The 2nd interviewer presented me with a scenario and asked to design a data model. The 3rd interview was conducted by 2 people. They gave me a data model and asked some set operation based SQL queries. My interview ended at 2:45. The HR gave us a tour of the office after the interview.

Along with technical they even asked me about the project work, experience etc. So be ready for resume based questions too.

I got a call from the HR after 2 weeks to inform me that I was selected.

Overall, it was a good experience. Concentrate more on data modelling and SQL queries. Try solving as many queries as you can. Practice well.

The Interviewers are warm and polite. They help you if you are stuck or give you hints so that you get an idea of the question and can think in the right way.

Even if you go wrong, it is completely fine, what matters is your approach towards the question, your problem solving skills etc.

All the best!!

Interview Question – I wasn't asked a difficult question but I wasn't much prepared with set operation based queries. So I had tough time answering them.   View Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

Interview Details – First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Interview Question – What is your latest project?   Answer Question

Client Development Interview

Client Development

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2009.

Interview Details – Went in for a client development associate position in los angeles, met with senior associate and director separately who interviewed me pretty casually. wanted to know about my background as an analyst for a private equity fund, and then we discussed the role, the hours, the composition of the team.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. Just was more of a conversation about my skillset and what clients were looking for in an associate.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interview Details – Got interview through on-campus recruiting. There was a 30 min pre-interview technology test. Afterwards, a behavioral interview where the recruiter discusses the results from the test and asks questions about your approach. There were plenty of questions about why you chose a certain design and other human-computer interaction questions. Finally, the recruiter gives a general overview of the position and responsibilities. Very informal one-on-one talk.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't you want to sort queries based on popularity if you worked at S&P?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
On-site:
3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
Questions:
1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
4. What is a Race Condition?
5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Interview Question – Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

BSA Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited through an on-campus program. I met the recruit at a job, then was invited back for an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out for a superday where I had 4 back to back case interviews

Interview Question – One interview was just asking questions, I didn't need to answer anything I just had to know how to ask to right questions   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Question – Binary tree path sum
find a linkedlist's nth to last node
Cache design
DB design
count the number of bits in a char

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ interview questions and advice. All 197 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.