S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

I attended the company's info session at my school. After the info session, we could make appoints for a 1-1 interview the next day. The interviewer was very nice. The interview lasts about an hour. There was around 4 technical questions. Overall, I thought the interview went well. However, it seems like they wanted students coming into their summer internship with lots of experience in the field.

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
    2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
    3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
    bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
    4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
    5th is director round :just a formality

BSA Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

I was recruited through an on-campus program. I met the recruit at a job, then was invited back for an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out for a superday where I had 4 back to back case interviews

Interview Questions
    • One interview was just asking questions, I didn't need to answer anything I just had to know how to ask to right questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
    2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
    3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Questions
    • how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

The first round was a written round.The paper was divided into 4 sections Coding/C++ knowledge,DBMS/SQL, Aptitude and Design/Testing(Software Engineering concepts)

After clearing the first round the second round consisted of one Technical telephonic interview and one Personal Technical interview.Then final round is HR round.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Well the interview process consists of 5 eliminating rounds. Round 1 is a written IQ test, duration is 30 mins and is pretty general. Thereafter Round 2 is HR round, that is highly unforeseen and leads to majority of eliminations, in my case close to 22 people were eliminated with only 3 making to the next round. Round 3 again is a written test of duration 90 mins. Again quite generic nothing specific. All these round take place on a single day. Thereafter you will be called if you are shortlisted for Round 4 which is basically a personal interview, wherein two people of manager rank will sore down your neck. And finally if go get further shortlisted there is the final Round 5 that is called the director's round which is the last hurdle before you are made an offer.
    But be aware that many a times they simply land up hiring no one, hence its not certain that someone will get hired out of all that appear.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to define some typical financial terms like acid test?? six sigma??, but these were not at all in line with my academic background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
    On-site:
    3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
    Questions:
    1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
    2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
    3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
    4. What is a Race Condition?
    5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Hiring and interview process was held for so many candidates at a time and the first round was an written test which are on the basics of finance and second round was personal interview round in which they mainly asked about detail explanation of financial ratios.

Interview Questions
    • Explain CAPM in detail.This is followed by some related questions   Answer Question

Tech QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

I applied at the company's website portal and got a mail for the interview on 21st November.
    The process consisted of the following rounds
    1. Aptitude Test.
    2. HR interview.
    3. Written subjective test.
    4. Technical interview.
    5. Another interview.

The first round is more of a form cum test round where you have to fill in some details and answer some easy logical, quantitative and English questions. The important thing here is to not miss out on any question as there's no negative marking. It's fairly easy.

The second round is the HR interview but it was mostly technical. Just basic questions about testing and what the profile is about and also what u know about the company.

The Third round consists of 10 subjective questions. Mostly are about the various types of testing and about writing test cases.

The fourth round is again an interview which they tell me is the manger level interview.

The above four rounds happened on the same day. I was told the result for the fourth round would be communicated to me within a week. It has been a week since then and i haven't heard from them so far. I guess it's their subtle way of saying, thanks but you haven't been selected for further rounds.

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview process was extensive, questions were based on your concept, approach for solving problem. Looking for vision of a person. Expertise in your area. Depth knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate since profile that was offered was awesome. What I demanded, they offered while making some part of it as a variable component.