S&P Capital IQ

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Testing Quality Analyst Interview

Appeared for a aptitude test,cleared it then went for a HR interview.............waiting for my result

Business Analyst Interview

Call for interview based on review of the CV.
    Round one - short interview asking basic and general questions.
    Round two - detailed written test. There were different sections - GK, writing business reports based on a detailed write up given about a particular fictional company and answering questions after analysis of business reports.
    Round three - technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was writing the business report based on a detailed write up given about the company in question.   Answer Question

TQA Interview

Apti, hr interview, written technical test, and another technical interview....waitin for the results

Research Manager Interview

interview process was very technical. They asked a lot of questions pertaining to financial statement analysis. I would recommend reviewing basic financial statement analysis.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

At first I spoke to HR, very brusk. Asking about past experience, expected pay, what technologies I was most comfertable with. Then I had a phone interview with team lead. Very friendly, looking for lots of questions. Scheduled a technical interview. Basic array manipulation and algorythms questions. Said they were not sure I was a good fit yet but that they looked forward to heering from me in the future with more experience under my belt.

Interview Questions
    • In an nxn grid of ones and zeros, turn all squares in a manhattan distance of k from any 1 into 1s, yielding an algorythm of complexity O(n2).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Talked to Capital IQ recruiter coming to career fair on my college and I dropped off my resume. Later I was invited to the in person interview held in my college. I was pretty surprised when I walked in and get a 5-6 pages of coding/database questions, which I have to write down the answer just like a CS class midterm. I didn't finish it and in the end the recruiter went over all the questions with me.
    After that first interview, I was invited to the final interview in new york office. Talked to a few developers and over all the process went well and smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are basic coding / database. Nothing really difficult if you prepared well.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

i reached phase 3.
    the questions revolve around shares and stocks and other financial basics.
    i was asked:
    name few indian companies?
    why do u say they are indian?
    what is index?
    what is CDS?
    why capital IQ?
    i answered all of them correct and my interview went quite well but they selected just 1 candidate out of 6.
    but reaching phase 3 is also not an easy task. all the best to all the aspirants.

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

1.Written technical round -subjective database queries,collections.generics and MCQ for core java concepts
    2.Basics of android and more stress on core java concepts

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Written Aptitude - HR Interview - Written Test (GK,Logical reasoning) - Manager Round - Director Round

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Merger and Accquisition   View Answer

Product Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.