S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

There were 5 rounds starting with a moderate test then a Hr interview followed with another test, this will happen in a day and then the selected candidates are further called for interviews.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Aptitude test, followed by HR round. Then Finance test. These were elimination rounds. Then had interview rounds with managers and director. I felt the HRs were not very co-operative. I mailed them a day before asking about the office location, etc. since I was new to the area but they did not bother to reply.

Interview Questions
    • Finance Test was difficult as I am not a finance student.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

Applied through campus placements. There were supposed to be 5 rounds. First Aptitude then Technical Aptitude and then 3 interviews. But in my case there was only one interview. The whole process got over in an hour. The first aptitude had a few questions on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning; a section on programming related MCQs and another on database related questions. It seems quite difficult but surprisingly got through. The second test had 2 sections One programming related where we could answer using logic/pseudo code/actual code/algorithm and another with database queries. Even this was difficult. Infact the Interview was pretty chilled out. General Questions based on Linked lists, queries, indexers, trees,etc. they were more interested in the approach rather than actual knowledge. In all a pretty good experience

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Two rounds of interviews. The first was a 1:1 on campus and involved a written test prior to speaking with the interviewer. The test was 3 questions, two involving database design and a third relating to algorithms. With some basic SQL knowledge, the first two were fairly straightforward. The third was a little more challenging because it was a very specific question and involved some Computer Science knowledge. The interviewer was extremely friendly and very helpful when I didn't know something. I didn't even finish the test, which wasn't a problem.

The second round was on site and had three different groups (2 were 1:1 and the other had 2 interviewers). Same level of difficulty with questions, just more intense. Everyone was very professional and helpful, not as intimidating as I'd expected. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find all prime numbers less than or equal to some number n?
      Design a database for a set of airlines, airports, and passengers. (And a few subsequent questions relating to your design)
        Answer Question
    Internship, so no negotiation, but salary was very fair.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2014.

There are three rounds. First is the online test which is a mix of aptitude and technical and programming as well. Second and third rounds are core technical rounds focussing on DSA and DBMS. They asked all sort of joins and tuning a query. Linked Lists and Trees were there area of focus.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

They called me for the interview based on resumes sent to them. First round was on accounting basics ratio analysis and stock market. Second round mostly on your post qualificatin experience

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

S&P Capital IQ had come on our college campus and it was a one-day recruitment process,there were a total of 5 rounds. It started with aptitude which had three sections maths, database, coding etc. and there was sectional cutoff too and no negative marking, after that paper/pen test as i had opted for QA else for SE / DBA there was a live coding round, after that there were three rounds of interview. All this in a single day so it was pretty tiring. In the interviews just be calm and composed and give it your best shot!

Interview Questions
    • In aptitude, quants and coding was not that tough whereas database was relatively tougher so prepare for dbms questions and not only queries but theoretical stuff too !   Answer Question

Software Engineer; Database Administrator Interview

3 rounds-
    1) Aptitude test (online)
    2) Technical test (online)
    3) Interview
    150 students applied thorugh college but only 30 students qualified the aptitude test. Out of these 30, 8 qualified technical test and 2 got the job offer.
    Out of those selected 8, some had a phone interview while the others had a one on one interview.

Both the tests were online.
    Aptitude test had 3 sections-
    a) Database related questions
    b) Java related questions
    c) Quantitative maths

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question- 1) How can you check whether a linked list has a continuous non ending loop?

2) Regarding internships projects
        Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

2 weeks after the application I had phone interview with an HR. Questions were about work authorization, nothing about the job. Next week I had an interview at the office one by one with the team director, VP of marketing and another team director. They were all so nice. I thought it went well. I received a really kind rejection email that the director explained that they found someone else who has a technical skill that is important for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What value can you bring to our team? Would you be able to adjust this company since you never had an experience at a big corporation before?   Answer Question