S&P Capital IQ

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Questions
    Not much. I liked their offer

Product Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

Applied online, had two phone screens and an onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • There was one question on designing a class/set of classes which help to find the stock quote for a particular company. A method was provided which takes a sticker(String) as an input and gives the stock value(double). But this method was too expensive to call, so how would you optimize your solution(make the minimal number of calls to this method). Also the stock value returned should not be more than an hour old. There were subparts to this question, on caching the values and multithreading.   Answer Question
    • Given a tree and a value n, check if the sum of values on any path of the tree from root to a leaf equals to that value.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2013.

I was called for a screening interview first which just asked about me and my resume. If they like you, you will to the next round with more phone interviews. Had three interviews for three separate teams engineer teams all working on different projects. I got the offer the same day as i interviewed for all three teams. Offer was for my choice of any of the teams so i chose the best one for me.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, weren't too technical. No specific coding questions as i guess they trust that you can do what they want.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just take it. 28$ an hour.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Questions
    • Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

First round was a design test that included qa testing questions and erd. Second round included 3 interviews where design questions were asked

Database Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Sent resume through college recuirting, and got an interview invitation on campus. First round was given 30 minutes to finish a test, and spent another 30 minutes to go through your answer with one of their employees.
    Second round was on-site. There were three 1:1 interviews, all technical questions about Database. Not too hard.
    Waited for another 3 or 4 weeks, got a call from HR telling me I didn't get the offer.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2012.

A HR called me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about my resume. And an onsite was scheduled after two weeks. It consisted of six 1:1 interviews. took the 4-5 hours totally.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

I submitted my resume on our University job Postings and received a call for a telephonic interview after 2 weeks. Telephonic interview was for about 30 to 40 minutes. He asked me about myself, my past experience and some Database questions (about Indexes). Then within a week I was called onsite for 1:1 interviews. There where 3, 1 hour technical interviews. They told me to design some databases on white board and write some queries. All the 3 interviews went well. I got a call from HR next day morning, that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Design a database...Will you use index, on what columns, why? Write queries ()complex queries with 'exists' and 'non exists' clause.   Answer Question
    No. There was no HR interview.