S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Question – Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Database Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

Interview Details – My first interview consisted of a 30 minute written test which included queries to answer.
There was a C program to write to check if a string is palindrome or not. Be well prepared with joins in case of queries. They also asked to create an ER diagram of a database schema.

Interview Question – Be prepared with sql queries.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

Interview Details – I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Question – Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Question – Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – First round was a design test that included qa testing questions and erd. Second round included 3 interviews where design questions were asked

Interview Question – Walk through a website and redesign it   Answer Question

Database Engineer Intern Interview

Database Engineer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Sent resume through college recuirting, and got an interview invitation on campus. First round was given 30 minutes to finish a test, and spent another 30 minutes to go through your answer with one of their employees.
Second round was on-site. There were three 1:1 interviews, all technical questions about Database. Not too hard.
Waited for another 3 or 4 weeks, got a call from HR telling me I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – One weird question was about "How to buy data".   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Question – Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2012.

Interview Details – A HR called me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about my resume. And an onsite was scheduled after two weeks. It consisted of six 1:1 interviews. took the 4-5 hours totally.

Interview Question – What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Centennial, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty seamless

Interview Question – Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about an intern opportunity through an acquaintance of mine. I contacted the company and submitted a resume and cover letter and received a response within a day or two. Every one who I interacted with in the company was very kind and courteous. The process consisted of multiple phone interviews. Even though I wasn't able to get an internship opportunity for the summer I will still keep in contact with the representatives as this is an incredible place to work.

Interview Questions