S&P Capital IQ

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

I had applied through the existing employee referral process but got an email for interview more than 2 months later. I had almost lost hope of getting it and the email was very sudden. The interview was scheduled just 2-3 days from the date of the email and no chance of rescheduling. The process was conducted with over 60-70 people giving a common written test with basic aptitude questions for maths and english and your profile details. After the test, they eliminated over half the strength on the basis of profile and written test. Then a single HR person was taking basic interview (non Technical) with profile based questions. Then another lengthy written test with finance questions and basic GK.
    That was it for the day, a week later a managerial interview was scheduled. That was also abruptly informed just the night before. This interview was taken by 2 members and went on for an hour. All sorts of technical & Non technical questions were asked. The final Director Round was scheduled for the next day and was also only informed on previous night. Could not appear for that due to previous commitments and the position was filled by another person

Interview Questions
    • The second Written Test had some tough finance questions.(Equits, Debt, Bankruptcy Etc)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Junior Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Rounds of interview
    1.Written test
    2.Technical round
    3.Technical round
    Written test was easy 40 questions of finance and others were general aptitude questions.In
    Technical round they asked about holding company,subsidiary company,capital budgeting,net present value,internal rate of return and deep finance questions.

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2014.

I applied through Campus, they had multiple rounds of selection.
    First the aptitude test which was not very tough. It consisted of 3 sections, Quants was basic and 2 other sections of Programming and Database (yes it was a technical apti).

After that for Business Analyst and Quality Analyst profile they had a pen-paper subjective test. Basic Questions on test cases and other tricky and tough questions to find out innovative answers from the candidate.

Technical Interview 1 was challenging. Some Basic Test cases and testing methods were asked and other questions which required innovative and effective approach were asked. Even quiz questions were asked to check how quick and smart can you think.

One more technical interview along with a final HR interview.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

2 weeks after the application I had phone interview with an HR. Questions were about work authorization, nothing about the job. Next week I had an interview at the office one by one with the team director, VP of marketing and another team director. They were all so nice. I thought it went well. I received a really kind rejection email that the director explained that they found someone else who has a technical skill that is important for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What value can you bring to our team? Would you be able to adjust this company since you never had an experience at a big corporation before?   Answer Question

Software Engineer; Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

3 rounds-
    1) Aptitude test (online)
    2) Technical test (online)
    3) Interview
    150 students applied thorugh college but only 30 students qualified the aptitude test. Out of these 30, 8 qualified technical test and 2 got the job offer.
    Out of those selected 8, some had a phone interview while the others had a one on one interview.

Both the tests were online.
    Aptitude test had 3 sections-
    a) Database related questions
    b) Java related questions
    c) Quantitative maths

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question- 1) How can you check whether a linked list has a continuous non ending loop?

2) Regarding internships projects

Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

S&P Capital IQ had come on our college campus and it was a one-day recruitment process,there were a total of 5 rounds. It started with aptitude which had three sections maths, database, coding etc. and there was sectional cutoff too and no negative marking, after that paper/pen test as i had opted for QA else for SE / DBA there was a live coding round, after that there were three rounds of interview. All this in a single day so it was pretty tiring. In the interviews just be calm and composed and give it your best shot!

Interview Questions
    • In aptitude, quants and coding was not that tough whereas database was relatively tougher so prepare for dbms questions and not only queries but theoretical stuff too !   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

There were 5 rounds starting with a moderate test then a Hr interview followed with another test, this will happen in a day and then the selected candidates are further called for interviews.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Total 4 rounds.
    1st - simple written test of 30 mins including english and logical reasoning questions.
    2nd - HR interview. (I was asked technical questions in HR interview itself)
    3rd - Written test of 1.5 hours testing ypur aptitude and general awareness.
    (First 3 rounds happened on the same day)
    4th - Managerial Interview.
    (questions relating to oil prices, gold prices, Saarc summit, Derivatives, and general questions about myself)

No negotiations

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2014.

Campus recruitment. First round was telephonic after which we were called to gurgaon office where 4 more rounds were taken. The first round was of half n hour which consisted questions from qa, va, lr and also a 300 words write up. After this we had a technical interview round after which shortlisted candidates had to give one more aptitude test of 1.5 hrs. After clearing that round I had an interview with manager. Basic finance questions were asked although the level of questions in aptitude was a little high.

Interview Questions
    • Pe, vc, bonds, equity , everything asked was very basic   Answer Question
    • Questions from probability, ratios,p&l, lr, va, rc,etc   Answer Question
    Na