S&P Capital IQ

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

There was a half hour phone interview which was technical. After being cleared in it, I was invited to the location for a personal interview which consisted of a technical written test which was moderately difficult after which I met with three super smart people who grilled me on the test answers and my technical know how.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I choose certain index design for the tables in the test.   View Answer

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

The first round interview was a simple behavioral interview on campus. The second round consisted of a Superday with 4 one on one interviews, a demo of the program, and a tour. The one on one interviews went through your resume. Some emphasized the extracurriculars, while others focused on the work experience. Everyone in the office was great and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Presented with a 30-page skills assessment. First exercise was on database design. Second exercise was an algorithm problem using your language of choice. Third exercise was writing out complicated SQL queries.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2009.

first two rounds were technical phone screens. In house interviews I met with a HR representative, the hiring manager as well as the CTO. The process was much longer then they alluded and I took another job in the meantime.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2009.

On-campus First Round Interview
    Very casual info session the night before interviews, employees in jeans and company t-shirts. Two page pre-interview test, asked to diagram a system and develop a plan/solution for an information systems case study. Brought into a small room with a white board and asked to explain above system diagram. Interviewer poked holes in reasoning for systems diagram and asked a lot of "why not this.." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your systems diagram. (From interview pre-test)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

You sit down and take a thirty minute test based on the job position (BA, DBA, or Software Engineer). After the test, an employee comes in and discusses situations and circumstances that can alter your answers (they are trying to see WHY you answered the questions the way you did). The questions are open-ended, but challenging to see if you fit their criteria.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

The process was fine, seems like a great company. 3 interviews back to back with lunch in between. Young people, asked reasonable questions, and were nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Create a sample database (table structure) of a basic version of imdb.com. Find the total sum of money that movies made with Mel Gibson as an actor that were released during the third week of February.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Clarifi starts with a phone interview with their director of Engineering. That is followed by a technical phone interview where you solve a small coding problem for them. Then they bring you in for a full day interview. For the most part the people there are nice, intelligent people who I wouldn't mind working with. One of the engineers I met there, though, was an absolute jerk with a horrible coding style. My experience with this engineer alone made me know that there was no way I would work there. The interview with him was, without a doubt, the worst experience I have ever had interviewing at a company.