S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

2 rounds test and then HR round.. very very simple

Interview Questions

• very basic concepts of M&A   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Simple question not like those "boring" questions that some companies ask... questions include: what modules did you like at university? what modules you disliked? background? culture? job experience?

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.

Interview

interview began with a Test on the database field. there were 3 questions 1. data modelling for a contacts database. 2. writing up few select queries. 3. writing a piece of code for a search problem. time given was 30 min. after which the person came in and asked the logic and reasoning behind solutions. post that was a small discussion on the resume. whole process lasted an hour and few minutes.

Interview Questions

• Draw er digg. for a contact list. where in it needs to store contact info of clients, professionals & organisations. in addition they need to store extra infromtion pertaining to a organisation   1 Answer
    • basic select queries inclusive of joins, 5 tables provided and 5 select questions asked.   Answer Question
    • write a code to compare a ambigram.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

Interview

A campus recruiter came to do the interviews. She was very friendly and put you at ease right away. Typical resume based questions. Plus genuine small talk

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview

It was a positive experience. It was a fit interview, asked questions about my background, examples of team work, why I want to work at Capital IQ, what are my past time activities. The interviewer made me feel comfortable right away and it was more of a conversation. Started with tell me about yourself.

Financial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got the phone call from HR, who asked me basic questions about the company, why do I want this job, why sales. Also I was asked what other languages can I speak. Interview took about 10 min. As a have an academic background and experience of lecturing the interviewer was wondering why I want to apply for a job in sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2010.

Interview

The first round of the interview consisted of taking a skills assestment test. The first question wanted you to outline/draw a sample interface of a database to hold documents. The second question asked about ERD's, and making one for a specific scenario. Then the interviewer would then come in, and ask you questions on your answers. The interviewer would propose difference scenarios for the interface, and ask how you would debug and implement small changes to improve user capability.

Application

Interview

I applied for the position by submitting my resume through my university's online career website, and then they invited me to an on-campus interview. I had a one on one 30 minute interview and it was really relaxed and informal. It almost threw me off because it was so informal and kind of off topic - like one question he asked was to name any 3 people I'd want to meet. It was very casual so it was kind of hard to gauge if I did well or not.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

got interview through on campus job fair. The interview is 30min written test followed by a 30min of 1:1 interview. Mainly discuss the answers to the questions. Questions are about ER design, write a short java code and some complicated SQL queries given several schemas. The interviewer is helpful and very nice. Just got invitation to go to NYC for final round.