S&P Capital IQ

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

got interview through on campus job fair. The interview is 30min written test followed by a 30min of 1:1 interview. Mainly discuss the answers to the questions. Questions are about ER design, write a short java code and some complicated SQL queries given several schemas. The interviewer is helpful and very nice. Just got invitation to go to NYC for final round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Capital IQ came to our university career fair and my resume got selected. The next week I was called to give a Skills test and that followed by a 1:1 interview of one hour and consisted of basic questions like Reverse a linked list, Tree traversal, etc. The week after that I got a reply from the hiring manager about them moving ahead with other candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a linked list   View Answers (2)
    • Tree traversal - Show that P and Q are contained in the nodes of a tree. (Don't remember the exact question..It had a diagram)   Answer Question
    • Draw ER Diagram for a contact management system having subsidary companies, etc..   Answer Question
    • How to count the number of set bits in a character??   Answer Question
    • Pseudo code to get stock quotes of public companies using an API and a cache efficient way to store it to reduce server load per calls.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Interview consisted of a 30 min Skills test (based on the role- Developer/DBA/ BA) and then a 1:1 interview to discuss solutions to interview questions. Questions included how to design a user interface based on a given scenario.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a user interface for Capital IQ's website given some specific requirements.   Answer Question

Client Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2011.

The asked very generic questions and I believe the key to do a good job is to be prepared to have a concise answer to respond to those generic broad questions.

Questions such as
    - Tell me about you
    - What are your weaknesses?
    - Why do you want to work in finance

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2011.

It was a phone screening interview, I was asked the question about what I did in school. Some brain teaser, some statistics questions and some programming questions. I did not answer well for programming questions. The statistics question like regression and the brain teasers are not so hard. Unfortunately, they didnot continue with me.

Data Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2011.

Applied for the Data Business Analyst position a month ago and received a call for face to face interview directly at their New York office.The interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews.Most of the questions asked focused on the projects i mentioned in my resume.Interview lasted around 90 minutes.They said they'll get in touch in the coming weeks.Am now waiting for their response.The work environment is pretty chilled out and most of them working are under their 30's.Of all the interviews i gave with other companies,capital iq stands out for its work culture and not to forget the panoramic view from the 49th floor of the S&P building.If selected,i would surely like to work for Capital IQ...:)

Interview Questions
    • What kind of data analysis project have you done during your master's.   Answer Question
    • Draw the schema for the database project that you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

first interview:
    - 30 minute test on coding, designing a website interface, and designing a database
    - 1:1 interview mostly discussing the test & explaining your answers
    second interview:
    second interview (NYC):
    - lasted about 2 hours
    - 30 minute 1:1 interviews with Business Analysts
    - you are asked design questions, to show/explain work that you've done
    - very relaxed/conversational

Interview Questions
    • If you could collect and display data/information about any area of your life, what would you do/how would you display & present it in a useful way   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

I received an interview after meeting Capital IQ at my campus career fair. Relatively quickly, I got a first round interview which consisted of a half an hour one on one interview. A week later, I got invited to an on-site interview in NY. I thought the on-site interview was more personality based to determine if you fit in their culture. They told me that they would get back to a week and so far it has been a week and they still have not gotten back to me. Another colleauge of mine interviewed earlier than I have & still has not heard back as well.

Interview Questions
    • What websites do you visit daily & what functionality's would you add or improve   Answer Question
    • Draw the layout of your favorite website & point out the pros and cons of it   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Consisted of a 1:1 interview on campus. Very laid back. They just wanted to get a feel for what kind of person you are. The next round of interviews took place in NY. They flew me out there for their Super Day, which consisted of several 1:1 interviews and a demo of their platform. Interviews were again focused on figuring you out as a person. They just want to see if you would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Took a test on designing the layout of a website for listing the results of a search and for business model relationships. Then discussed with two different business analysts about how i reached the answers. Afterwards, standard interview questions were asked. Tried to follow up with emails on the status of the interview, but there was no response after a month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would solve multi-threading in accessing nodes of a binary tree   Answer Question