S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2013.

The Capital IQ interview process has 5 steps – Every round is elimination round.

1st step is an IQ test - written test (Math and Vocab – aptitude exam)

2nd step is HR interview. Questions may include definitions of mergers and acquisitions and more finance/investment questions.

3rd step: Technical exam written for 60 mins /90 mins (finance basics and merger and acquisitions)

The above 3 rounds can happen on the same day. Atleast 2 rounds will happen in same day.

If you clear the first 3 rounds. You would get call for the next round in 7-8 working days (max)

4-5 rounds would be personal interview – Director Rounds.

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview process was extensive, questions were based on your concept, approach for solving problem. Looking for vision of a person. Expertise in your area. Depth knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate since profile that was offered was awesome. What I demanded, they offered while making some part of it as a variable component.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Hiring Process:
    I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
    It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer
    S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
    2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
    3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Questions
    • how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

1) College written exam- logical aptitude, quantitative maths, basic English.
    2) Office HR interview- lasted on an average minutes.
    3) Another written round- Heavy on financial knowledge, logical aptitude, Business GK.
    4) Manager round - Seemed like a repeat of second written round, with financial knowledge tested, with current affairs. Lasted 15-20 minutes.
    5) Finally the Director round, more of a formality. Lasted 10 minutes, discussed about my course and what I expect of the job.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

There is a initial aptitude test consisting of 4 sections answering the first one is compulsary as it test your quantitative aptitude the next section depends on the postion u apply for ...
    SE - codes and outputs
    DBA - sql queries and other realted questions
    BA - everyday life situations ....
    generic . - write a problem solving experince

The Interviews were three rounds 1 on campus and 2 in the company
    they consisted mostly of everyday situations ... he projects u are part of and your introduction
    and other activities u are involved in ...also they will give u use cases to solve and UI's to design ..

JRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tirupati (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tirupati (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2011.

Interview process consist of three rounds.
    1.Written test
    Our knowledge in Accountancy, Finance, Aptitude and English were tested.
    2.First Technical round
    A person such as Team lead or Manager will be examining our skills in core finance and accounts.
    3.Second Technical round along with HR
    A person in the position of director will examine our knowledge levels in core finance and accounts area along with few HR related questions.

Scoring good marks in written exam will be added advantage to secure the job. About three days preparation is more than enough.

Interview Questions
    • I have not faced such an situation during the interview process. The entire process in totally concentrated on testing skill test of the candidate.   Answer Question
    Make sure that you secure the job. After that try to secure job in any other company offering better pay, career etc if you don't get any job just join the job other wise move on.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2009.

The interview process includes 4 Rounds, First round will be Written which include accounts , finance, English and aptitude related Questions. Second and third round could be technical. First technical will be handled by Manager and second technical will be held by director. in these rounds they will ask you about Finance, accounts and stock market related questions. Those who cleared these rounds are almost done with interview. Final round will be with HR, In this round they will discuss about career plans and willingness to work with shifts.

Interview Questions
    • As you are a girl, After marriage how could you convince your family about your career ambitions?   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2011.

There was a half hour phone interview which was technical. After being cleared in it, I was invited to the location for a personal interview which consisted of a technical written test which was moderately difficult after which I met with three super smart people who grilled me on the test answers and my technical know how.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I choose certain index design for the tables in the test.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2012.

the process started with the general aptitude test, which consisted of Quants, reasoning ( very easy), English. After clearing the test there is a small HR round which is basically taken to check the communication skills.

After the HR round there were 2 more rounds of written test which consists of business description, case study, financial awareness logical reasoning etc.

If the candidate clears both the rounds the final round is with the senior managers and some times director of the process too.