S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is not that easy. It involves 5-6 rounds of interview here a candidate is judged on everything starting from Aptitude to the Attitude towards career progression, and towards the company. Hiring process involves One to One with the HR, followed by two written exams, and then the two rounds of interview with Operations Manager and the Group Director respectively.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult would be the aptitude test and one more written exam as it has lot of business awareness questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first job

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for an onsite interview in New York with four team members. good experience overall, everyone was really nice. Recruiter was very helpful throughout and got feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview followed my small talk and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Their process is well organized and HR is very efficient. Their 1st round is an apti followed by HR round then a subjective written test then a technical or Managers round followed by a directors round.

Interview Questions

• what is your favourite subject?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 weeks after the application I had phone interview with an HR. Questions were about work authorization, nothing about the job. Next week I had an interview at the office one by one with the team director, VP of marketing and another team director. They were all so nice. I thought it went well. I received a really kind rejection email that the director explained that they found someone else who has a technical skill that is important for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What value can you bring to our team? Would you be able to adjust this company since you never had an experience at a big corporation before?   Answer Question

Software Engineer; Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds-
    1) Aptitude test (online)
    2) Technical test (online)
    3) Interview
    150 students applied thorugh college but only 30 students qualified the aptitude test. Out of these 30, 8 qualified technical test and 2 got the job offer.
    Out of those selected 8, some had a phone interview while the others had a one on one interview.

Both the tests were online.
    Aptitude test had 3 sections-
    a) Database related questions
    b) Java related questions
    c) Quantitative maths

Interview Questions

• Interview Question- 1) How can you check whether a linked list has a continuous non ending loop?

2) Regarding internships projects

Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

S&P Capital IQ had come on our college campus and it was a one-day recruitment process,there were a total of 5 rounds. It started with aptitude which had three sections maths, database, coding etc. and there was sectional cutoff too and no negative marking, after that paper/pen test as i had opted for QA else for SE / DBA there was a live coding round, after that there were three rounds of interview. All this in a single day so it was pretty tiring. In the interviews just be calm and composed and give it your best shot!

Interview Questions

• In aptitude, quants and coding was not that tough whereas database was relatively tougher so prepare for dbms questions and not only queries but theoretical stuff too !   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions

• How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Interview

Rounds of interview
    1.Written test
    2.Technical round
    3.Technical round
    Written test was easy 40 questions of finance and others were general aptitude questions.In
    Technical round they asked about holding company,subsidiary company,capital budgeting,net present value,internal rate of return and deep finance questions.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through Campus, they had multiple rounds of selection.
    First the aptitude test which was not very tough. It consisted of 3 sections, Quants was basic and 2 other sections of Programming and Database (yes it was a technical apti).

After that for Business Analyst and Quality Analyst profile they had a pen-paper subjective test. Basic Questions on test cases and other tricky and tough questions to find out innovative answers from the candidate.

Technical Interview 1 was challenging. Some Basic Test cases and testing methods were asked and other questions which required innovative and effective approach were asked. Even quiz questions were asked to check how quick and smart can you think.

One more technical interview along with a final HR interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

i applied through college placement cell. The recruitment process was held at their Gurgaon office. First there was a very easy objective Written test, followed by a very short HR interview. Selected candidates were called for 2 technical interviews.