S&P Capital IQ

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
216 candidate interviews

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2012.

Interview Details – the process started with the general aptitude test, which consisted of Quants, reasoning ( very easy), English. After clearing the test there is a small HR round which is basically taken to check the communication skills.

After the HR round there were 2 more rounds of written test which consists of business description, case study, financial awareness logical reasoning etc.

If the candidate clears both the rounds the final round is with the senior managers and some times director of the process too.

Interview Question – Who is the CEO of NYSE   View Answers (2)

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1) College written exam- logical aptitude, quantitative maths, basic English.
2) Office HR interview- lasted on an average minutes.
3) Another written round- Heavy on financial knowledge, logical aptitude, Business GK.
4) Manager round - Seemed like a repeat of second written round, with financial knowledge tested, with current affairs. Lasted 15-20 minutes.
5) Finally the Director round, more of a formality. Lasted 10 minutes, discussed about my course and what I expect of the job.

Interview Question – Who is the chairman of Biocon?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very well managed, people friendly organisation, nice work culture.
The process started with an aptitude test..then an HR interview..then again a written test.
these 3 rounds happened on the same day.
Within a week they called for the next round.
The next round comprised of a technical interview.

Interview Question – Grilling on financial terms, current affairs and opinions about the same. Since I was from marketing background I was given a lot many situations to analyse.   View Answers (8)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, Database Administrator Interview

Software Developer, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, Database Administrator
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – The inter view was held at our campus(|Mjcet,Hyuderabad).The interview comprised of a single paper with 4 sets consisting of 1.Aptitude 2.technical 3Writing of code etc.Only 30%of the candidates cleared.Then there was a gd.With that there weremultiple technical interviews.icleared 2 interviews and was callled to their campus where the last technical interview was to be scheduled.This is where i got rejected

Interview Question – The interview at the campus needed thorough knowledge of basics   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – the process started with an aptitude test, followed by HR interview about profile and why this co., then another test consisting of questions related to capital markets and other happenings in the corporate world.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this co.   Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was utterly disappointed by the procedure of selections of S & P Capital IQ, Hyderabad. The HR Team was unprofessional.
To begin with, the first day of selections was on the college campus. Our campus recruitment cell informed us that the first round of selections would begin at 8:00 AM. The officials from S & P Capital IQ reached the campus at 11:00 AM, after which the first round began (The officials blamed the cab driver for being 3 hrs late). There were 5 rounds total that day, after which 10 were selected for the HR round at the campus. At the HR round, the interviewer asked me my area of interest. I specified Java and DS, the interviewer told me she had no knowledge of either of the topics and instead asked me questions related to DBMS. The interviewer discussed her family issues and background in the interview (Confusing me why she was discussing this with me in 'my' interview). I have been offered a position but I am quite reluctant whether to join such an unprofessional company.

Interview Question – DBMS questions were asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I havent declined yet. I am considering declining the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details – One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – There are 3 rounds on the first day were
Round 1- Its a mix of Quant, English and about your self.
Round 2- Its HR round were you will checked on your communication , basic knowledge of Finance. ( Eliminates lot of people )
Round 3- Technical round .... which consist of 4 section GK, Report, Comprehension and i dont remember the 4th one.... ( you need to crack it , its tough)

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round: technical + aptitude organised by MATRIX CUbe
 2nd round: written test where a set of tables were given from programmer interview.com and querries were to be written down
3rd round: tech interview
4th round: tech and HR interview
5th round: Phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about normalisation techniques with detail analysis of the probelms occuring at each step
indexes and types of indices
  Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my résumé through campus career fair, then received an email about a week later for an on-campus technical interview. The technical interview has a 30 minutes test on "Redesign the current [company financial filings] website" with some guidelines and requirements. And then it's another 30 minutes with the interviewer about the test, how you arrived to your answers, and about your résumé and experiences.

A week later, during the spring break, I received an email from HR inviting me to attend their Super Day - four 30 minutes 1:1 interviews with BAs, they will ask questions they have encountered during their real projects. You don't need to have the perfect, correct answer, but you are expected to ask a lot of questions.

Overall a pleasant experience with Capital IQ, and I'm still waiting for my final results, hope I can get the internship :)

Interview Question – Redesign the current [company financial filings] website, with a QA test plan.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ