S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
220 candidate interviews

Tech QA Interview

Tech QA

I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

Interview Details – They came to our college for campus placement and the entire process consisted of 5 rounds.
The first round was a basic aptitude test. Also along with the aptitude test we had to fill a form with several details. Now, in the form there was a place to write about why they should hire you. Be sure to fill this with a good answer. The aptitude questions were easy but by the time i was done with the form there was not so much time left. Manage time efficiently.This was a major elimination round.

The second round was an HR interview. They basically check your communication skills, ask very basic testing questions. The interviewers were very warm and polite. The interview was very short and they did not ask a single tricky question or interrogate much but be careful because this was a major elimination round as well.

The third round was a written test. Here they ask questions about testing terminologies and making test case for various applications like websites etc. I hadn't studied much of testing but still managed to qualify this round. To be safe read about testing and its terminologies and go through sample test cases.

After this they called the qualified candidates to their office located in Gurgaon for the 4th round which was a technical+ hr interview. This interview was for about half an hour. The interviewer started off with some basic questions like introduce yourself, tell me about your family etc. and proceeded to ask some technical questions about various types of testing, differences between them and making test cases. Although this is supposed to be a technical interview more emphasis was laid on the hr questions and i got eliminated in this round. I got stuck in questions like Why do you want to go for testing, tell me about an achievement you are really proud of etc. I started talking about sports n other extra curricular activities in that question and the interviewer didn't really look interested. Also, be very careful while answering the question as to why you want to go for testing.

Anyway, from what i heard from my friends the last round is a short and easy interview taken by the director and almost all who got through to the last round got selected.

Interview Question – Read about testing terminologies, types of testing and how to make test cases.   View Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Question – Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Intern Interview

Database Engineer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Sent resume through college recuirting, and got an interview invitation on campus. First round was given 30 minutes to finish a test, and spent another 30 minutes to go through your answer with one of their employees.
Second round was on-site. There were three 1:1 interviews, all technical questions about Database. Not too hard.
Waited for another 3 or 4 weeks, got a call from HR telling me I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – One weird question was about "How to buy data".   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – first interview was drawing an erd diagram and another skills based question. First person I talked to I was extremely impressed with, really smart guy. I got a second interview down at their office where I saw the first person i interviewed with, my potential manager, and another business analyst. the other business analyst had been there awhile, and seemed frustrated with the company but loved the people. the manager was smart and asked good questions. I signed a paper for travel reimbursement, was told I would hear back in two weeks and left. That's when things got unorganized. I didn't hear anything back for over two weeks, emailed the recruiter and heard nothing back. I got the check like a month and a half later and it was for double the amount I put down. My friend also had a second interview and emailed the recruiter and was told he wasn't getting the job. I emailed them two times more and never heard a thing back. Kind of ridiculous for a company to be that unprofessional.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got to Capital IQ through college placement cell. Day 1 - Started with a brief about the company followed by a written test and basic HR round.
Day 2 - 3 interviews: most questions were about my background and academic courses being pursued alongside college. In the final interview I was asked to explain basic financial terminologies eg. conglomerate merger,etc. Overall interview process is simple.....But the job has limited growth as job involves data mining and data posting only. (back end), very limited exposure and highly monotonous.

Interview Question – What is cannibalization?   View Answer

Client Development Interview

Client Development

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2009.

Interview Details – Went in for a client development associate position in los angeles, met with senior associate and director separately who interviewed me pretty casually. wanted to know about my background as an analyst for a private equity fund, and then we discussed the role, the hours, the composition of the team.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. Just was more of a conversation about my skillset and what clients were looking for in an associate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Question – Binary tree path sum
find a linkedlist's nth to last node
Cache design
DB design
count the number of bits in a char
  Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details – easy written test, interview is technical - must have accounting ,financial mgt. and financial market knowledge

Reason for Declining – less salary

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Interview Details – Mostly OOPs concepts are asked. Unnecessary long interviews.
1) 1st round ppt
2) Written test(DB,Algo and some random sections)
3) 2nd round 1:1 interview which last for 3 hours.
4) Almost same as second round.
5) HR round.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty much OK. Some puzzles are asked which are kind of interesting if you haven't done before.   Answer Question

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Quantitative Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Question – What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer