S&P Capital IQ

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details – 5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
5th is director round :just a formality

Interview Question – Some questions in reasoning   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – the process started with an aptitude test, followed by HR interview about profile and why this co., then another test consisting of questions related to capital markets and other happenings in the corporate world.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this co.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details – One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was utterly disappointed by the procedure of selections of S & P Capital IQ, Hyderabad. The HR Team was unprofessional.
To begin with, the first day of selections was on the college campus. Our campus recruitment cell informed us that the first round of selections would begin at 8:00 AM. The officials from S & P Capital IQ reached the campus at 11:00 AM, after which the first round began (The officials blamed the cab driver for being 3 hrs late). There were 5 rounds total that day, after which 10 were selected for the HR round at the campus. At the HR round, the interviewer asked me my area of interest. I specified Java and DS, the interviewer told me she had no knowledge of either of the topics and instead asked me questions related to DBMS. The interviewer discussed her family issues and background in the interview (Confusing me why she was discussing this with me in 'my' interview). I have been offered a position but I am quite reluctant whether to join such an unprofessional company.

Interview Question – DBMS questions were asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I havent declined yet. I am considering declining the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Developer, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, Database Administrator Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – The inter view was held at our campus(|Mjcet,Hyuderabad).The interview comprised of a single paper with 4 sets consisting of 1.Aptitude 2.technical 3Writing of code etc.Only 30%of the candidates cleared.Then there was a gd.With that there weremultiple technical interviews.icleared 2 interviews and was callled to their campus where the last technical interview was to be scheduled.This is where i got rejected

Interview Question – The interview at the campus needed thorough knowledge of basics   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round: technical + aptitude organised by MATRIX CUbe
 2nd round: written test where a set of tables were given from programmer interview.com and querries were to be written down
3rd round: tech interview
4th round: tech and HR interview
5th round: Phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about normalisation techniques with detail analysis of the probelms occuring at each step
indexes and types of indices
  Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details – There are 3 rounds on the first day were
Round 1- Its a mix of Quant, English and about your self.
Round 2- Its HR round were you will checked on your communication , basic knowledge of Finance. ( Eliminates lot of people )
Round 3- Technical round .... which consist of 4 section GK, Report, Comprehension and i dont remember the 4th one.... ( you need to crack it , its tough)

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Applied on site after getting mail to apply from college.

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
Tell me more about the company
Tell me more about the position you are applying for
What makes you the best candidate
What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

Interview Question – Generally in depth questions about the CV   Answer Question

S&P Capital IQ - Product Consultant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2013.

Interview Details – I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of my interview process. I have been interviewed by many top firms and never felt the need to write a review! I have been through 2 phone interviews (1st with a guy based somewhere in US that interviewed me for 15 minutes and the 2nd with a lovely manager); I have then met two very nice employees during the first round and three in the final round. But they were all females! Is this role just for women? If so please state it maybe on the job description! During my research on LinkedIn I have seen that almost 90% of the current S&P Product Consultants were all women (but I did not really think it could be an issue in 2013). Then during my final round I have met the hiring manager. She was so serious and negative looking. I had to play with my NLP skills and smile in order to get at least a half second smile back from her. I might have not been the right candidate but telling me that I did not get the job because I did bad in the finance test compared to others candidates, it is just laughable (I mean, I passed the test in order to progress to the second stage!). I was really passionate about the role and happy to downgrade to a relatively lower pay (compared to my previous employers). I will definitely learn from this interview experience.

Interview Question – A very unexpected personal question which I had to answer mentioning my family...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ