S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
217 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of a 1:1 interview on campus. Very laid back. They just wanted to get a feel for what kind of person you are. The next round of interviews took place in NY. They flew me out there for their Super Day, which consisted of several 1:1 interviews and a demo of their platform. Interviews were again focused on figuring you out as a person. They just want to see if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – Capital IQ boasts an extremely cool group of people...I felt very comfortable in the preliminary interview, and during super day interviews. The company culture seems incredible, definitely a great place to work.

I applied through a school employment site, interviewed on campus, then interviewed on site for super day.

Interview Question – Walk me through your story...why are you here?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first round interview was a simple behavioral interview on campus. The second round consisted of a Superday with 4 one on one interviews, a demo of the program, and a tour. The one on one interviews went through your resume. Some emphasized the extracurriculars, while others focused on the work experience. Everyone in the office was great and friendly.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than the other candidates?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Straight forward skills test followed by a 1:1 interview reviewing the test. I got a call relatively quickly inviting me to NYC for a second round interview. The interview was a bunch of 1:1 interviews with current employees. The questions ranged from technical to personal. Nothing was too difficult. They were nice enough to fly me up for the day, yet although they offered to pay for the taxi ride, they never did. Taxis in NYC are not cheap.

Interview Question – Find the nearest common parent to two given nodes in a tree.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very basic and what you normally expect to be asked. Be prepared to answer typical questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about an experience in which you were challenged and how you over came it.

Interview Question – Tell me something about you that I would not be able to know from looking on your resume.   Answer Question

Contract/Freelance Designer Interview

Contract/Freelance Designer
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

Interview Details – HR rep set up meeting with hiring manager via email. Security guards, receptionist and hiring manager were all very courteous and professional.

The work culture seems very young. The dress code for the staff was causal. The decor was typically corporate - wood paneling with wall-to-wall carpeting. The staff seems a little young.

The most important question at the meeting was: "What's your rate?" And they've reposted this job in numerous job boards. They've met with quite a few interviewees already as I learned during the interview. It's possible that somehow none of us were qualified or maybe designers with all those skills they require, quoted the hiring manager a fair and competitive rate which didn't fit in with their budget.

Interview Question – What's your rate?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was very laid back. No behavioral questions, all about my resume and trying to decide if I would be a good fit for the company. Super Day consisted of four 1:1 interviews, one of which was over video conference. Everyone was super nice and very laid back; they really just wanted to know who would fit best in the company and why I wanted to work for them.

Interview Question – What three people would you have dinner with if you could have dinner with anyone?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Interview, lasted for one hour, finished the problem set they gave in half a hour and then discussed the solution with the interviewee. User interface design

Interview Question – Design the user interface for a given website with some descriptions   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Clarifi starts with a phone interview with their director of Engineering. That is followed by a technical phone interview where you solve a small coding problem for them. Then they bring you in for a full day interview. For the most part the people there are nice, intelligent people who I wouldn't mind working with. One of the engineers I met there, though, was an absolute jerk with a horrible coding style. My experience with this engineer alone made me know that there was no way I would work there. The interview with him was, without a doubt, the worst experience I have ever had interviewing at a company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fine, seems like a great company. 3 interviews back to back with lunch in between. Young people, asked reasonable questions, and were nice about it.

Interview Question – Create a sample database (table structure) of a basic version of imdb.com. Find the total sum of money that movies made with Mel Gibson as an actor that were released during the third week of February.   Answer Question