S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
221 interviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

Long - met with multiple people during 2 sessions. First session was 2 people, second session was 4 people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

You sit down and take a thirty minute test based on the job position (BA, DBA, or Software Engineer). After the test, an employee comes in and discusses situations and circumstances that can alter your answers (they are trying to see WHY you answered the questions the way you did). The questions are open-ended, but challenging to see if you fit their criteria.

Software Deceloper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

The first round of the interview has a programming test. Haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

Met them at a career fair and dropped off my resume. Was called for an inperson interview on campus. Interviewer was young. Had graduated from college 2 years earlier. We were asked to answer a technical question on designing a web page. that part of the interview lasted 30 minutes. Later, she came to evaluate my work and we discussed it and she asked some questions about it. That lasted about 15 minutes and then she asked general fit questions in which she was trying to find out my technical / design background. We discussed designing web pages some more and I asked a few questions. She was very nice. It's been a week and I am yet to find out if I will be called back for a 2nd round or not.. *fingers crossed*

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   View Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

Met them at a career fair and submitted my resume for an interview. Interview consisted of a technical test that had design and database components. Afterwards, I talked about my past experiences and how they were relevant to this job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on at your last job.   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

I met the recruiting managers at my schools career fair. They both seem very nice! I already knew I had an interview with them the next day, so I asked them to go a little more in depth about the position with me. The night before the interview I looked at their website to get an understanding of the position. The interview itself was great. There were no real set of questions it seemed like; they mainly went down my resume. The interview was more like a conversation. I asked questions to her and she would answer them honestly. Just be honest and know yourself and what you have done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to be very analytical?   Answer Question

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2009.

Relatively straightforward interview. Asked to relate experiences to desired traits that they are looking for. 100% "fit" based with no technical questions

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2009.

Go through your resume, ask you to present a database design for one of your project. Then they will add new business questions and let you change your design accordingly. Basic database questions include index, optimization, merge join etc. Behavior question: why DBA? Why capital IQ?

Interview Questions
    • Expand database design according to randomly add business requirement, right query directly.   View Answer