S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.1

Software Deceloper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

The first round of the interview has a programming test. Haven't heard back yet.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

You sit down and take a thirty minute test based on the job position (BA, DBA, or Software Engineer). After the test, an employee comes in and discusses situations and circumstances that can alter your answers (they are trying to see WHY you answered the questions the way you did). The questions are open-ended, but challenging to see if you fit their criteria.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2010.

It was pretty seamless

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2010.

A 1-day written exam, doing analysis on a company and writing a short stock report. They provide an industry survey, economic data, and most recent 10-Ks and 10-Qs. After passing the exam, the candidate goes through a series of interviews, usually 4 or 5 interviewers. The offer is usually given in 2 weeks.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2010.

The interview questions were very basic and what you normally expect to be asked. Be prepared to answer typical questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about an experience in which you were challenged and how you over came it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that I would not be able to know from looking on your resume.   Answer Question

Contract/Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

HR rep set up meeting with hiring manager via email. Security guards, receptionist and hiring manager were all very courteous and professional.

The work culture seems very young. The dress code for the staff was causal. The decor was typically corporate - wood paneling with wall-to-wall carpeting. The staff seems a little young.

The most important question at the meeting was: "What's your rate?" And they've reposted this job in numerous job boards. They've met with quite a few interviewees already as I learned during the interview. It's possible that somehow none of us were qualified or maybe designers with all those skills they require, quoted the hiring manager a fair and competitive rate which didn't fit in with their budget.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

Met them at a career fair and dropped off my resume. Was called for an inperson interview on campus. Interviewer was young. Had graduated from college 2 years earlier. We were asked to answer a technical question on designing a web page. that part of the interview lasted 30 minutes. Later, she came to evaluate my work and we discussed it and she asked some questions about it. That lasted about 15 minutes and then she asked general fit questions in which she was trying to find out my technical / design background. We discussed designing web pages some more and I asked a few questions. She was very nice. It's been a week and I am yet to find out if I will be called back for a 2nd round or not.. *fingers crossed*

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

I met the recruiting managers at my schools career fair. They both seem very nice! I already knew I had an interview with them the next day, so I asked them to go a little more in depth about the position with me. The night before the interview I looked at their website to get an understanding of the position. The interview itself was great. There were no real set of questions it seemed like; they mainly went down my resume. The interview was more like a conversation. I asked questions to her and she would answer them honestly. Just be honest and know yourself and what you have done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to be very analytical?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2010.

Met them at a career fair and submitted my resume for an interview. Interview consisted of a technical test that had design and database components. Afterwards, I talked about my past experiences and how they were relevant to this job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you worked on at your last job.   Answer Question