S&P Capital IQ Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website and I was sent an email with an interview dates and times. They invited me in for an interview and it was one-on-one interview. I was accepted for the second round interview which included meeting with 5 other people.

Interview Questions

• Asked about financial equations and formulas and if I had used them in any past financial forecasting. Also, asked me what it was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, so my interview process was a bit different. Basically, it was sitting with three different people (a VP, an associate and my boss) and just talking about why I wanted the position and my strengths with customer service. Very easy interview- they need people so as long as you have a pulse you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• Basically having to sit there while the VP bashed my previous place of employment. I, being a professional (unlike half the people at the company), did not join in on the bashing. Still not sure if that was a test or if the VP is that immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat offer. No negotiation. At the end of the day, you are a pawn in a conglomerate- they don't care about you. It used to be that Capital IQ was an agile, small time software company. The company has gone to the dogs.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1)Telephone, Interview 2) Face to face interview- three 30 minute interviews and a written test ( Asked you to summarise a article, asked to answer questions related to an article, then asked a selection of financial questions such as 1) where do you find capex on a balance sheet? 2) how is EBITDA margin calculated 3) If interests rate increase, bond prices? 4) how to calculate market capitalisation?

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you handled an irritated customer/customer complaint Why S&P Capital IQ What do you know about S&P Capital IQ Why this position What do you think you need to succeed in this position? What qualities How do you prioritise? Give me an example of when you worked in a team? How do you deal with clashes within a team? What do you think will be the main challenges facing you in this role at the beginning? How did you hear about the job? Give me an interesting story you have read this week? What sources do you use for information? Why the degree that you have studied?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were: - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates? - why sales? - can you do a sales pitch - what do you do for fun   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning. The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general. Interview questions included: Tell me more about the company Tell me more about the position you are applying for What makes you the best candidate What did you do in this experience... ? Hope that helps!

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point. Questions: why capital iq why this industry why this role what do you know about the company CV related questions