S&P Capital IQ

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.2

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Total 4 rounds.
1st - simple written test of 30 mins including english and logical reasoning questions.
2nd - HR interview. (I was asked technical questions in HR interview itself)
3rd - Written test of 1.5 hours testing ypur aptitude and general awareness.
(First 3 rounds happened on the same day)
4th - Managerial Interview.
(questions relating to oil prices, gold prices, Saarc summit, Derivatives, and general questions about myself)

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Initially i appeared for an written exam for which result declared next day then called for interview process where i had two rounds of technical session. on successful completion, called for final HR round.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Aptitude test, followed by HR round. Then Finance test. These were elimination rounds. Then had interview rounds with managers and director. I felt the HRs were not very co-operative. I mailed them a day before asking about the office location, etc. since I was new to the area but they did not bother to reply.

Interview Questions
    • Finance Test was difficult as I am not a finance student.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

There were 5 rounds starting with a moderate test then a Hr interview followed with another test, this will happen in a day and then the selected candidates are further called for interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

I applied via Online portal.The time was too short to solve 20 questions and write an SOP.IT would have been better if the employee had specifically given instruction for the test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

i applied through college placement cell. The recruitment process was held at their Gurgaon office. First there was a very easy objective Written test, followed by a very short HR interview. Selected candidates were called for 2 technical interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Interview process starts with an easy aptitude test (MAT level), if you clear this there is an HR round with basic finance questions (bonds, stocks, hedge funds etc.) depending upon the kind of profile applied for. After the HR round there is a core finance test and subsequently 2 more rounds of interviews.

Research Associate Interview

The process was difficult and it wasnt that easy .... there were 4 rounds.... 1st was the aptitude round... + tell me about yorself.
    Results of this aptitude was out in a day
    then there was an hr round basic hr round.... nd mergers & acquisitions , hedge funds were asked
    Then there was a technical round written on the same day ,,, that was very difficult .. it was a cat type format paper .
    Last was the technical round.....

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
    please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
    also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

A short test comprising aptitude and english, followed by a personal interview with the HR and a long test comprising aptitude, english and financial terminology. The personal interview includes questions such as ratios, difference between bonds and debentures, M&A, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process is difficult for a person not from finance background   View Answer