S&P Capital IQ Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.2

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview mas mostly Finance based questions specifically Fixed Income and Bonds. I was also asked about my technical skills namely Excel, Programming, VBA and SQL. They also asked about my roles of responsibility, what expectations i had with the company and whether i had previous work experience. I was also asked about my activities during my Graduation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself, Fixed Income basics and Products   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2015.

It was a lengthy process.Firstly there was an aptitude test which was easy den hr interview that was pure technical in financial basic terms and then a managerial interview den directoral...all were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Hedge funds, mutual funds, mergers and acquisitions , spin off, ratios, futures options.etc   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

First round: simple aptitude test of half an hour
    Second round: HR review, though nothing seemed like it was an HR interview. All financial terms were asked
    Third Round: Content test- which had 4 sections: 1.finance related subjective questions 2. gk 3. LR 4. quant
    Fourth round: managers interview- i have it tomorrow :P

Interview Questions
    • Management buyout buyin, angel investors, private equity firms, about BSE n NSE
      Content test had questions on growth stock, Arbitrage and similar financial terms

Answer Question

i am still in the process

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2015.

First round: simple aptitude test, half an hour long
    Second round: interview, basic finance questions asked
    third round: Aptitude test, one and a half hour long, divided into three sections- logic, aptitude, general knowledge
    Fourth round: Managerial interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

aptitude test then a HR round where technical was also asked , written exam of all finance related questions and then if u get selected u have another main technical round

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between depreciation and amortization   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Very Standard Procedure. Basic Question from Accounts and Finance. Level increases as You keep giving right answers. Two round of interviews followed by a technical round. Expect question from Managerial accounting also although its a bit irrelevant to the profile.

Interview Questions
    • Managerial Accounting was also asked although its a bit irrelevant to job profile   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2014.

Campus recruitment. First round was telephonic after which we were called to gurgaon office where 4 more rounds were taken. The first round was of half n hour which consisted questions from qa, va, lr and also a 300 words write up. After this we had a technical interview round after which shortlisted candidates had to give one more aptitude test of 1.5 hrs. After clearing that round I had an interview with manager. Basic finance questions were asked although the level of questions in aptitude was a little high.

Interview Questions
    • Pe, vc, bonds, equity , everything asked was very basic   Answer Question
    • Questions from probability, ratios,p&l, lr, va, rc,etc   Answer Question
    Na

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Total 4 rounds.
    1st - simple written test of 30 mins including english and logical reasoning questions.
    2nd - HR interview. (I was asked technical questions in HR interview itself)
    3rd - Written test of 1.5 hours testing ypur aptitude and general awareness.
    (First 3 rounds happened on the same day)
    4th - Managerial Interview.
    (questions relating to oil prices, gold prices, Saarc summit, Derivatives, and general questions about myself)

No negotiations

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Initially i appeared for an written exam for which result declared next day then called for interview process where i had two rounds of technical session. on successful completion, called for final HR round.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

There were 5 rounds starting with a moderate test then a Hr interview followed with another test, this will happen in a day and then the selected candidates are further called for interviews.