S&P Capital IQ

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Interview Details – Capital IQ came to our university career fair and my resume got selected. The next week I was called to give a Skills test and that followed by a 1:1 interview of one hour and consisted of basic questions like Reverse a linked list, Tree traversal, etc. The week after that I got a reply from the hiring manager about them moving ahead with other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list   View Answers (2)
  • Tree traversal - Show that P and Q are contained in the nodes of a tree. (Don't remember the exact question..It had a diagram)   Answer Question
  • Draw ER Diagram for a contact management system having subsidary companies, etc..   Answer Question
  • How to count the number of set bits in a character??   Answer Question
  • Pseudo code to get stock quotes of public companies using an API and a cache efficient way to store it to reduce server load per calls.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
interview wasn't that gud.
question were very random.
about TCP IP from networks
he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Question – how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – Talked to Capital IQ recruiter coming to career fair on my college and I dropped off my resume. Later I was invited to the in person interview held in my college. I was pretty surprised when I walked in and get a 5-6 pages of coding/database questions, which I have to write down the answer just like a CS class midterm. I didn't finish it and in the end the recruiter went over all the questions with me.
After that first interview, I was invited to the final interview in new york office. Talked to a few developers and over all the process went well and smoothly.

Interview Question – Questions are basic coding / database. Nothing really difficult if you prepared well.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.