S&P Capital IQ

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2011.

Capital IQ came to our university career fair and my resume got selected. The next week I was called to give a Skills test and that followed by a 1:1 interview of one hour and consisted of basic questions like Reverse a linked list, Tree traversal, etc. The week after that I got a reply from the hiring manager about them moving ahead with other candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Reverse a linked list   View Answers (2)
  • Tree traversal - Show that P and Q are contained in the nodes of a tree. (Don't remember the exact question..It had a diagram)   Answer Question
  • Draw ER Diagram for a contact management system having subsidary companies, etc..   Answer Question
  • How to count the number of set bits in a character??   Answer Question
  • Pseudo code to get stock quotes of public companies using an API and a cache efficient way to store it to reduce server load per calls.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2014.

There are three rounds. First is the online test which is a mix of aptitude and technical and programming as well. Second and third rounds are core technical rounds focussing on DSA and DBMS. They asked all sort of joins and tuning a query. Linked Lists and Trees were there area of focus.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions
    • how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Talked to Capital IQ recruiter coming to career fair on my college and I dropped off my resume. Later I was invited to the in person interview held in my college. I was pretty surprised when I walked in and get a 5-6 pages of coding/database questions, which I have to write down the answer just like a CS class midterm. I didn't finish it and in the end the recruiter went over all the questions with me.
    After that first interview, I was invited to the final interview in new york office. Talked to a few developers and over all the process went well and smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are basic coding / database. Nothing really difficult if you prepared well.   Answer Question