S&P Capital IQ Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

Interview

I attended the company's info session at my school. After the info session, we could make appoints for a 1-1 interview the next day. The interviewer was very nice. The interview lasts about an hour. There was around 4 technical questions. Overall, I thought the interview went well. However, it seems like they wanted students coming into their summer internship with lots of experience in the field.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (College Park, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY).

Interview

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview. On-site: 3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each. Questions: 1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor. 2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero. 3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15). 4. What is a Race Condition? 5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring Process: I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team. They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities Interview Process: It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face. Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL. Most questions were from my domain. Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it. It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   1 Answer

Negotiation

S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently. No behavioural question was asked. Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

many rounds of interview..long procedure...dont know what they were looking for.they din't hire anyone

Interview Questions

• why do u want to pursue your career in testing??   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 process over a period of two days with two individuals. it was a preliminary process. The first round was comparitively easy, but the second round interviewer however sweet posted an unlikely scenario and wouldnt accept nor comment on the answers that i gave

Interview Questions

• You are working in a banking corp with 1 million customers. You have an account in india and would like to access it in NY. How do you transfer the data   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

written->gd->technical interviews.....written will have dbms and oops based questions...mcq's,queries,programs.....moderate level pf difficulty..

Interview Questions

• oops design for chess game   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written. 2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA. 3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Questions

• how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question