S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2011.

Interview Details – I attended the company's info session at my school. After the info session, we could make appoints for a 1-1 interview the next day. The interviewer was very nice. The interview lasts about an hour. There was around 4 technical questions. Overall, I thought the interview went well. However, it seems like they wanted students coming into their summer internship with lots of experience in the field.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – written->gd->technical interviews.....written will have dbms and oops based questions...mcq's,queries,programs.....moderate level pf difficulty..

Interview Question – oops design for chess game   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – many rounds of interview..long procedure...dont know what they were looking for.they din't hire anyone

Interview Question – why do u want to pursue your career in testing??   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

Interview Details – 30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
No behavioural question was asked.
Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Question – algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

Interview Details – You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Interview Question – Reverse a Singular Linked List?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – 3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Question – how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process:
I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Question – How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer

Negotiation Details – S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Question – Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a 1:1 process over a period of two days with two individuals. it was a preliminary process. The first round was comparitively easy, but the second round interviewer however sweet posted an unlikely scenario and wouldnt accept nor comment on the answers that i gave

Interview Question – You are working in a banking corp with 1 million customers. You have an account in india and would like to access it in NY. How do you transfer the data   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
On-site:
3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
Questions:
1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
4. What is a Race Condition?
5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Interview Question – Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!