S&P Capital IQ

Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2010.

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2010.

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2008.

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

Applied through campus placements. There were supposed to be 5 rounds. First Aptitude then Technical Aptitude and then 3 interviews. But in my case there was only one interview. The whole process got over in an hour. The first aptitude had a few questions on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning; a section on programming related MCQs and another on database related questions. It seems quite difficult but surprisingly got through. The second test had 2 sections One programming related where we could answer using logic/pseudo code/actual code/algorithm and another with database queries. Even this was difficult. Infact the Interview was pretty chilled out. General Questions based on Linked lists, queries, indexers, trees,etc. they were more interested in the approach rather than actual knowledge. In all a pretty good experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

The placement process had 4 rounds. 1st one was the aptitude round which had questions from verbal and quant. Next was a written technical test. Then there was a technical interview followed by a telephonic interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

S&P Capital IQ typically hires from campuses.

First round consists of a written test that test analytical, programming abilities and database knowledge. Database is the heart of the work here and hands-on knowledge is highly valued. Questions will be asked on Relevant work from the resume

Interview Questions
    • How your term project will help in our business   View Answer
    Through campus. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
    2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
    3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Questions
    • how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
    3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Hiring Process:
    I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
    It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer
    S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)