S&P Capital IQ

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Questions
  • It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
    Behavioral:
    >what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
    >what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
    Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?

Answer Question