S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details – I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
Behavioral:
>what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
>what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?
  Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!