S&P Data Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.1

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in March 2014.

Hiring is initially through a staffing agency. After passing very basic computer applications testing, the staffing agency sends you to talk to a hiring manager. Sheldon Glove interviewed me for less than five minutes before hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was simply asked to say a bit about myself, and then asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question
    I was told that I would be paid $10 per hour plus $5 per sale. This was a lie. during training you are paid $8 per hour, and after training you only receive a "bonus" if you meet several different criteria, including an all in close rate of 18% over the course of a pay period. This is often impossible because they take into account all calls, not just sales calls. Therefor, if you have a day where you take 42 calls and get two sales calls, 34 calls that must be transferred to different departments and six "ghost" or dead air calls. even if you sell both of your sales calls, you don't have a 100% close rate for the day, you have a 4.75% all in close rate. Depending on the shifts you work this can be more or less likely to happen. For example, calls on Monday morning, late in the month, will be more heavily tilted toward billing issues or customer service problems, whereas the first weekend of the month will be more sales related. It's not hard to manipulate a salesperson's numbers by varying their schedule. It is a process that is not randomized and keeps some in the money, while making it impossible for others to do the same.

Inbound Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at S&P Data in March 2013.

intial contact thru temporary employment agency, Only one interview with office manager

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in November 2010.

If you have sales experience, no sales experience, they will hire you. No felonies and they do drug test you. No degree needed. Just make sure you dress clean and professional. Have a clean resume. I work for the company in Cleveland, Ohio. 90 percent are African American. Professional enviroment, paid training. Easy sit down job. But you must sell or you will be fired just as easy as you were hired. If you your not selling, they will work with you to help you sell. They're different department, so you may not have to sell but 90 percent of the employees are sales reps.

Interview Questions
    No compromise. Its a take it or leave job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Data in July 2014.

Applied online, the first call was received within a week or so. Then a couple of tests (bilingual role) and then face to face interview. During the interview were asked only resume related questions.

No negotiation at all.

Telecommunication Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at S&P Data.

I find this job from my consultant's email, then I send my resume to her, she helped me send it to the recruiter. Then, within two days, I got a phone interview. After that, he sent me an email with a link to an online test. Then, he gave me a call back two days later after I completed the test to arrange a face-to-face interview. Now, I am still waiting for their call for the second interview, even though I think this is helpless, according to my interview performance. Anyway, good luck to all you guys, and also good luck to me. :)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you think that you are suitable for sales/
      2. what would you do to release stress?
      3. Describe one conflict and how you solve this.
      4. what did you over-commitment to and how do you overcome this?
      5. what do you think is a good salesperson?
      6. Why do you think that we should hire you?
        Answer Question

Team Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in May 2012.

HR terrible SPdata HR threaten that is they are your only way in the door so you need to dazzle them. Because they have all the power for you to get a job

terrible

Outbound Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Data in February 2014.

online interview and 2 inperson interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Data.

I didn't really have an interview. They make you do a typing test and ask when you can start. My interview was on a Thursday and then I started the job on the Friday. They made me sign the employment agreement on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for S&P Data? Contribute to the Community!