S&P Data Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

1.9

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Data (Rio Rancho, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed and offered the position on the spot. Should have been my first red flag. They hadn't even requested a background check and or drug test. Left a stable career for they're lies. Offered bonus potential of $6k-$8k monthly.

Sales/Direct TV Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Data (Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

After an initial interview and a long test at the Staffing Agency you're told the date to start training, your training pay and your pay once out of training. The interview was like a cattle call, the staffing agency is constantly interviewing and testing people for positions at S & P Data because of the company's astronomical turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• None really, the people at the staffing agency coached you pretty good at how to best take the long test and how to answer specific questions. I heard the agency has shortened the test because of all the complaints about its length.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it. No negotiations at all.

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at S&P Data (Cleveland, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring is initially through a staffing agency. After passing very basic computer applications testing, the staffing agency sends you to talk to a hiring manager. Sheldon Glove interviewed me for less than five minutes before hiring me.

Interview Questions

• None. I was simply asked to say a bit about myself, and then asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that I would be paid $10 per hour plus $5 per sale. This was a lie. during training you are paid $8 per hour, and after training you only receive a "bonus" if you meet several different criteria, including an all in close rate of 18% over the course of a pay period. This is often impossible because they take into account all calls, not just sales calls. Therefor, if you have a day where you take 42 calls and get two sales calls, 34 calls that must be transferred to different departments and six "ghost" or dead air calls. even if you sell both of your sales calls, you don't have a 100% close rate for the day, you have a 4.75% all in close rate. Depending on the shifts you work this can be more or less likely to happen. For example, calls on Monday morning, late in the month, will be more heavily tilted toward billing issues or customer service problems, whereas the first weekend of the month will be more sales related. It's not hard to manipulate a salesperson's numbers by varying their schedule. It is a process that is not randomized and keeps some in the money, while making it impossible for others to do the same.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at S&P Data (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

If you could breathe you got hired. They hired any moron who applied. It was a constant filter of employees. The place was a total joke. I could tell they were a shady operation from the start. How fortune 500 companies use this company for sales makes me nervous.

Inbound Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at S&P Data (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

intial contact thru temporary employment agency, Only one interview with office manager

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at S&P Data (Cleveland, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

If you have sales experience, no sales experience, they will hire you. No felonies and they do drug test you. No degree needed. Just make sure you dress clean and professional. Have a clean resume. I work for the company in Cleveland, Ohio. 90 percent are African American. Professional enviroment, paid training. Easy sit down job. But you must sell or you will be fired just as easy as you were hired. If you your not selling, they will work with you to help you sell. They're different department, so you may not have to sell but 90 percent of the employees are sales reps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No compromise. Its a take it or leave job.

Telemarketer Interview

Interview

In & Out Process, basic entry-level sales stuff, not much of a challenge there. I did not appreciate the cactus lady waiting out in the hallway, nor was I a fan of the pesky peruvian flute band playing in the main lobby.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at S&P Data.

Interview

Simple process. Phone interview with HR manager (asks why I'd be a good fit in the company). Followed by online assessment. 1st face to face interview with HR manager around 30 mins. We go through my resume and I describe my past work experience, followed by a few questions. 2nd interview 2 days later with campaign manager 15-20 mins. 2nd interview pretty much had the same questions as the 1st interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

• structured vs. unstructured organization?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at S&P Data.

Interview

I find this job from my consultant's email, then I send my resume to her, she helped me send it to the recruiter. Then, within two days, I got a phone interview. After that, he sent me an email with a link to an online test. Then, he gave me a call back two days later after I completed the test to arrange a face-to-face interview. Now, I am still waiting for their call for the second interview, even though I think this is helpless, according to my interview performance. Anyway, good luck to all you guys, and also good luck to me. :)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you think that you are suitable for sales/
      2. what would you do to release stress?
      3. Describe one conflict and how you solve this.
      4. what did you over-commitment to and how do you overcome this?
      5. what do you think is a good salesperson?
      6. Why do you think that we should hire you?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Data (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, the first call was received within a week or so. Then a couple of tests (bilingual role) and then face to face interview. During the interview were asked only resume related questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.