S&P Data

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Call Center Sales Representative
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring is initially through a staffing agency. After passing very basic computer applications testing, the staffing agency sends you to talk to a hiring manager. Sheldon Glove interviewed me for less than five minutes before hiring me.

Interview Question – None. I was simply asked to say a bit about myself, and then asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that I would be paid $10 per hour plus $5 per sale. This was a lie. during training you are paid $8 per hour, and after training you only receive a "bonus" if you meet several different criteria, including an all in close rate of 18% over the course of a pay period. This is often impossible because they take into account all calls, not just sales calls. Therefor, if you have a day where you take 42 calls and get two sales calls, 34 calls that must be transferred to different departments and six "ghost" or dead air calls. even if you sell both of your sales calls, you don't have a 100% close rate for the day, you have a 4.75% all in close rate. Depending on the shifts you work this can be more or less likely to happen. For example, calls on Monday morning, late in the month, will be more heavily tilted toward billing issues or customer service problems, whereas the first weekend of the month will be more sales related. It's not hard to manipulate a salesperson's numbers by varying their schedule. It is a process that is not randomized and keeps some in the money, while making it impossible for others to do the same.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Data.

Interview Details – Nothing unusual just normal interview questions.

Interview Question – You have to take couple of online test.   Answer Question

Inbound Call Center Agent Interview

Inbound Call Center Agent
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at S&P Data in March 2013.

Interview Details – intial contact thru temporary employment agency, Only one interview with office manager

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Cleveland, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in November 2010.

Interview Details – If you have sales experience, no sales experience, they will hire you. No felonies and they do drug test you. No degree needed. Just make sure you dress clean and professional. Have a clean resume. I work for the company in Cleveland, Ohio. 90 percent are African American. Professional enviroment, paid training. Easy sit down job. But you must sell or you will be fired just as easy as you were hired. If you your not selling, they will work with you to help you sell. They're different department, so you may not have to sell but 90 percent of the employees are sales reps.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No compromise. Its a take it or leave job.

Telecommunication Sales Representative Interview

Telecommunication Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at S&P Data.

Interview Details – I find this job from my consultant's email, then I send my resume to her, she helped me send it to the recruiter. Then, within two days, I got a phone interview. After that, he sent me an email with a link to an online test. Then, he gave me a call back two days later after I completed the test to arrange a face-to-face interview. Now, I am still waiting for their call for the second interview, even though I think this is helpless, according to my interview performance. Anyway, good luck to all you guys, and also good luck to me. :)

Interview Question – 1. Why do you think that you are suitable for sales/
2. what would you do to release stress?
3. Describe one conflict and how you solve this.
4. what did you over-commitment to and how do you overcome this?
5. what do you think is a good salesperson?
6. Why do you think that we should hire you?
  Answer Question

Team Captain Interview

Team Captain
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Data in May 2012.

Interview Details – HR terrible SPdata HR threaten that is they are your only way in the door so you need to dazzle them. Because they have all the power for you to get a job

Interview Question – Harassment from HR and Management   View Answer

Negotiation Details – terrible

Outbound Sales Interview

Outbound Sales

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Data in February 2014.

Interview Details – online interview and 2 inperson interviews

Interview Question – Can you show up on time and not be late?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Data.

Interview Details – I didn't really have an interview. They make you do a typing test and ask when you can start. My interview was on a Thursday and then I started the job on the Friday. They made me sign the employment agreement on the spot.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Data? Contribute to the Community!