S&P Ratings Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Two phones calls with employees in S&P ratings department. Behavioral oriented interview with some questions about the general economy. Everything was expected, walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Ratings

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2013.

First a phone call with HR, then an interview with my manager and then an interview with 2 members of the team I worked with.
    It was a good experience. Everyone I spoke with was nice and there were no shocking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a very difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2012.

Applied online. Got email that I was selected for a phone interview. First interviewed with HR, then with the Managing Director I work under. Both were less than 30 min and not too technical. Very basic finance questions to confirm I had interest and knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in March 2012.

There was a brief phone interview with an HR representative and then an interview with a managing director and director (at the same time). The second interview had little technical questions but was pretty general: why do you want to work here? Who is the president of S&P?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Ratings in May 2011.

Got a call from HR then scheduled an interview with the managers. Talked with 2 people and the interview lasted 1 hr. The questions were all general behavioral questions and some regarding your skills set.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one point you want to highlight on your resume and why?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2011.

Initial communications just through a connection with a recruiter. They use Kelly Services to hire all their temporary employees like interns. I was only to have a phone interview and a 1:1 interview in person, but ended up getting the offer without the 1:1 but everyone else had to. I'm not sure why.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Two 30 minute phone calls with associates and then interviews in New York at the Headquarters. Mainly asked behavioral questions such as biggest weakness, describe a time when you made a difficult decision, etic with a couple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the debt of a certain company? What would you need?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Ratings in May 2010.

Took over an hour on the phone, and the manager asked really thorough and challenging questions.