S&P Ratings

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2013.

Interview Details – First a phone call with HR, then an interview with my manager and then an interview with 2 members of the team I worked with.
It was a good experience. Everyone I spoke with was nice and there were no shocking questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make a very difficult decision.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Ratings in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was a brief phone interview with an HR representative and then an interview with a managing director and director (at the same time). The second interview had little technical questions but was pretty general: why do you want to work here? Who is the president of S&P?

Interview Question – Can you explain to me how to securitize a product?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got email that I was selected for a phone interview. First interviewed with HR, then with the Managing Director I work under. Both were less than 30 min and not too technical. Very basic finance questions to confirm I had interest and knowledge.

Interview Question – What career do you foresee yourself pursuing?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communications just through a connection with a recruiter. They use Kelly Services to hire all their temporary employees like interns. I was only to have a phone interview and a 1:1 interview in person, but ended up getting the offer without the 1:1 but everyone else had to. I'm not sure why.

Interview Question – Why do you want to intern with our company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Ratings in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR then scheduled an interview with the managers. Talked with 2 people and the interview lasted 1 hr. The questions were all general behavioral questions and some regarding your skills set.

Interview Question – What is the one point you want to highlight on your resume and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Ratings in May 2010.

Interview Details – Took over an hour on the phone, and the manager asked really thorough and challenging questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about how to work in a group efficiently   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Ratings

Worked for S&P Ratings? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Ratings Videos

S&P Ratings – Why Work for Us?

Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, a part of McGraw Hill Financial, is known worldwide as a leader of financial market intelligence. For more than 150 years, our employees have taken pride in helping investors and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Ratings Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Ratings employees and interview candidates.