S&P Ratings Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Interview

Two phones calls with employees in S&P ratings department. Behavioral oriented interview with some questions about the general economy. Everything was expected, walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Ratings

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2013.

Interview

First a phone call with HR, then an interview with my manager and then an interview with 2 members of the team I worked with.
    It was a good experience. Everyone I spoke with was nice and there were no shocking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a very difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Got email that I was selected for a phone interview. First interviewed with HR, then with the Managing Director I work under. Both were less than 30 min and not too technical. Very basic finance questions to confirm I had interest and knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with an HR representative and then an interview with a managing director and director (at the same time). The second interview had little technical questions but was pretty general: why do you want to work here? Who is the president of S&P?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Got a call from HR then scheduled an interview with the managers. Talked with 2 people and the interview lasted 1 hr. The questions were all general behavioral questions and some regarding your skills set.

Interview Questions

• What is the one point you want to highlight on your resume and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial communications just through a connection with a recruiter. They use Kelly Services to hire all their temporary employees like interns. I was only to have a phone interview and a 1:1 interview in person, but ended up getting the offer without the 1:1 but everyone else had to. I'm not sure why.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the associate director who seems to be a very great guy. It was quite a standard procedure, starting with self introduction and followed by three or four general technical questions regarding economics, finance, and corporate risk.

Interview Questions

• What's your projection of the movement of interest rate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone calls with associates and then interviews in New York at the Headquarters. Mainly asked behavioral questions such as biggest weakness, describe a time when you made a difficult decision, etic with a couple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the debt of a certain company? What would you need?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Ratings (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    Process took quite a long time (think it was due the fact that they re-managed the process after Christmas break) but was always very efficient and precise.
    Liked the fact that they spend time sending me reminder for scheduled events/interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Ratings (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Video interview - interests, motivation, competencies
    2 telephone interviews 30 mins (lasted about 25mins) - technical questions - Accounting and Finance, going through CV briefly, behavioural, competencies
    2 telephone interviews 30 mins (lasted about 10-15mins) - Discussion about interests and opportunity to ask final questions, going through CV extensively, discuss courses and projects, behavioural.

Interview Questions

• Why would a firm delay issuing bonds given the upcoming election?   Answer Question