S&P Ratings Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.1

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with a ratings director, who then forwarded my information to his equivalent in another city. I came in for an on site interview and met with three different ratings analysts. The interview was primarily behavioral and the questions were not too hard. I still have not heard back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about a time where you had to handle a large amount of information in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S&P Ratings.

3 rounds of interview, Technical, Functional and Analytical

Ratings Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Ratings.

3 rounds

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

The first round of interview consisted of one interview. I was given a pen and a paper and a question paper and was supposed to hand write the answers. Half and hour later, the interviewers came in and started interviewing me about the answers. The questions were about QA stuff and UX design.
    For the second round, there were interviews. First was a general question and answer session, whereas the second consisted of hands on skill and logic testing.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Ratings in July 2013.

First foremost, I got email at 3:00 pm Friday saying I have an interview. Which was a complete confusion as it was all of a sudden and was not scheduled earlier

Ratings Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

3 rounds--1 phone screen w/ recruiter, one in person with group coverage head, then 3rd round super day involving write up of a case study and 4 individual interviews

Interview Questions
    • No brain teasers. Be prepared to answer questions about how you would analyze a credit (i.e. cash flow metrics, balance sheet leverage, etc.)   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in June 2013.

I was interviewed by two senior analysts. They asked me to talk about my school projects and asked questions about them. Then they asked me some technical questions about data analysis including regression.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problem you must consider when you do time series regression?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

In person, one on one.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as the position was a union position and the salary was union contract based.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

I went through several rounds of interviews. The hiring process seemed to have a lot of red tape. The people I met with often didn't know where I was in the process, but were generally helpful in trying to get me on board.

Interview Questions
    • The people interviewing me kept to general questions that weren't too difficult.   Answer Question
    They quoted me a salary and bonus potential. I didn't really negotiate as this was my only job offer.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in April 2013.

I applied for a job on their website and within a week or so I received an email from their HR Department letting me know that they'd like to schedule a phone interview. Two days later I was on the phone for the first interview. It was a brief 15 min conversation with the HR department. Basically asked me to go over my resume and explain the relevance to the job i'm applying to. At the end of the conversation she had scheduled my next phone interview with the "would be" hiring manager for the following week.

I spoke to the hiring manager and it was a 30 min conversation. Some of the questions she asked were about project management - Agile vs. Waterfall methodologies. The difficulties I experience with Agile. They use Agile method, so make sure you understand this method of PM. Asked me about Business Analysis and how I collected requirements (different ways) and what type of documentation (workflows, BRDs, Functional requirements, etc...)

After that phone interview I heard back from HR department like 4 days later to schedule an in-person interview to meet with 4 individuals, including the would be hiring manager that I had already spoken to. During that interview there were a lot of questions about Project Management methods, more documentation question, the consistent question was what are the challenges you face with Agile method and how do you solve it?, A lot of questions about the correlation between business analysis and Agile method- be ready to elaborate on that. I was also given a scenario to solve on paper. If you are qualified for the position this won't be challenging, it was not difficult. The in-person interview was by far the most challenging but in general the interview process has been painless. I am currently waiting to hear back for next steps, I might get an offer, if I do, I will take it.

Interview Questions
    • What are the difficulties you have faced with Agile methodology and how have you solved it?   Answer Question