S&P Ratings

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Very efficient. The same recruiter that reached out to me also saw me through the whole process.

CREDit Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Applied through campus recruiting and was able to land the first interview, which was 30 mins via phone. Nothing really technical, mostly behavioral questions. I heard back around 3 weeks later that I had been selected for the second and final round of interviews, which was at company hq. That consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews with 3 separate employees. Those were a bit more technical but mostly really focused on leadership potential. Overall, pretty good experience.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question, just the fact that all three interviewers asked the same questions but used different wording.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as the offer was really sweet.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings.

Two phones calls with employees in S&P ratings department. Behavioral oriented interview with some questions about the general economy. Everything was expected, walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?

Ratings Analyst Interview

I got an interview with this firm though different recruiters. They asked me a lot about credit ratings and financial statements. This internship seemed to be geared very much towards an accounting major. They saw my background is equities more as a deterrent than an asset when it came to working with debt.

Financial Institutions Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in November 2014.

First Interview with the team of analysts (Banking sector): I was asked about my education, interests, motivation and expectations. Few technical questions about Bank's Balance Sheet and items to focus on when assessing soundness and Financial risk.

Second interview with Head of team, just behavioral questions (team working ability, precision and other soft skills).

Interview Questions
    • Items in Balance Sheet that are linked to Credit risk.   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Applied through college career site, and heard back in 2 weeks. Had an on-campus interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer was very nice, and we mainly talked about why I was interested in S&P and went into more detail about the rotational program. Also went over my resume, and how it related to the job position. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Credit Ratings Excellence Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Ratings.

I got a on-campus interview, No behavioral questions. Went through the resume, discussed a little bit about the leadership experiences but not that much. And than a question about how you rate the companies.

Interview Questions
    • The question about how you rate the companies is not a trivial one, you really need to think hard and give the details.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at S&P Ratings in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with a ratings director, who then forwarded my information to his equivalent in another city. I came in for an on site interview and met with three different ratings analysts. The interview was primarily behavioral and the questions were not too hard. I still have not heard back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about a time where you had to handle a large amount of information in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S&P Ratings.

3 rounds of interview, Technical, Functional and Analytical

Ratings Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Ratings.

3 rounds