S1

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director, Documentation and Training Interview

Senior Director, Documentation and Training
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S1.

Interview Details – Contacted directly based on an employee referral. Hiring manager was direct and detailed regarding responsibilities, challenges, and growth opportunities. This initial interview was followed by an interview with the President of the interview and a group interview with team that would report to the Senior Director, which afforded the opportunity to understand and ask questions regarding the big picture as well as the day to day work.

Interview Question – Based on our described need and vision, what would your priorities and plans be for the first 90 days in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a salary increase from previous position. Was able to negotiate directly with hiring manager.

ENTRY-LEVEL QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST Interview

ENTRY-LEVEL QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S1 in October 2010.

Interview Details – S1 Corpration is a very nice company.They came to the Career Fair at the university & I dropped my Resume.I got an interview call after 1 week of submission & I took the interview after that.It was 1:1 interview initially followed by Group(2 members).Interview went very well.
After 15 days,when I checked with the Recruiter about the status,she said I need to get more work experience through work or some college.
I had 5 yrs of experience for an Entry-Level job alongwith MS degree.

Interview Question – Have you worked on templates in Quality Center?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Norcross, GA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at S1 in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard. I met with the hiring manager and several peers both in the department that I would be working in and I also met with managers from the business units that we would be supporting. There was a panel interview later in the process with a group of managers as well where the questions and hypothetical situations were ramped up and fired off rapidly.

Interview Question – Describe your feelings regarding free trade and outsourcing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get as much $$$ as you can up front. Raises are minimal and bonuses have not been paid in 2010 at all. Vacation, which should be easy to negotiate, is difficult for some reason. Overall, the place is short staffed and somewhat disorganized so be prepared for lots of last minute changes and frustration once the work starts.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S1 in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was a 3 step process-
1>Aptitude test - total 4 sections - 2 technical sections(you get an option to choose between C,C++ or JAVA- I chose C! poor choice indeed :) ) and 2 sections on aptitude - questions were from R S Agarwal book- so prepare well! Sectional cut off so make sure you attempt all the sections.

2>Technical Interview - Mostly based on data structures, prepare that well. Most of the questions were based on LinkedList, Stacks, Queues - They would ask you to write code in C as well! Be prepared 4 that.

3>HR Interview - Surprisingly my friends with distinction got filtered from this round! they only took people with first class. Think they were worried abot the retention ratio! :) No biggie- would ask u very general questions- they need to know your background, thats it!

Interview Question – How would you copy 1 linklist to other? and whats the complexity of your code? Can that be optimized any furhter?   Answer Question

Performance Engineering Interview

Performance Engineering
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at S1 in August 2011.

Interview Details – Staffing Agency called and scheduled an interview. The HR called and confirmed the timing. After this, the HR cancelled/postponed the interview thrice with a short notice ( as low as half an hour), once while I was already on the way. They were very unprofessional with the reasons of cancellation ("It's Raining, hence Panel is not available", Panel "is" stuck in a production issue etc).

At the interview, two guys dressed inappropriately (shirt unbuttoned) started the interview aggressively without any respect for a 12 year experienced candidate, didn't even ask for a bottled water, talking in regional languages at times.

Interview Question – OO Concepts   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – who would have wanted to work with them?

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S1 in June 2010.

Interview Details – Recruitment process consists of 1 online test which includes aptitude and technical questions.
After clearing the test, 1/2 technical interview(s) is(are) conducted followed by HR interview.

Interview Question – How do you prevent a method from being overridden?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S1 in January 2009.

Interview Details – There was an 1:1 interview. Interview was taken by 3 members. Panel was very cordial and asked the technical questions. Questions were a bit tough to crack. panel mostly checked the thought process and your understanding about the technical concepts.
It was followed by HR round which was a general round.

Interview Question – Explain the situation when u faced a challenge and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Worked for S1? Contribute to the Community!