SABIC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Scientist Interview

Lead Scientist
Sugar Land, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was fine, typical of a long day with little break. Lunch was provided by visiting a local restaurant.
The interview schedule was thrown off by some other work going on at the site on that day. Seemed that some individuals were aware of the on-goings while others were either not willing to admit it or were oblivious.
The job description was a little vague. Interview team did a very good job helping to describe the position.
Took a long time to get the offer from them after being told I would get an offer.
The site was different when I interviewed than when I hired on. It was misleading and would not have influenced my decision had I been told but feel like I was intentionally misled.

Interview Question – I do not recall a difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some back and forth on pay. The offer increased by a minimal amount.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Development Program
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and interviewed at SABIC.

Interview Details – An all day interview process that featured five, 45-minute interviews with an hour long information session and tour that followed. SABIC then took us to dinner to allow us to see the great culture they have on display at SABIC. Overall, great experience, but they could shorten the duration of the interviews.

Interview Question – Did you have a mentor growing up or when you were in college? If so, what would your mentor say about you?   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Technology Intern
Mount Vernon, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SABIC.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Went through your resume and asked a few behavioral questions. In total the interview lasted about 20 minutes. A few weeks later, I got an email offering me the position for the summer with 2 days to respond.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions in the interview. They just wanted to know about your schoolwork and past internship experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at SABIC

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online. got a call back two months later. Very straight forward (walk me through your resume/what are your extracurricular activities).

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor

I applied through other source and interviewed at SABIC.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a panel

Interview Question – What are the signs that a student may be in trouble   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is extreme over kill considering I had five one on one interview sessions before I was offered the position,

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult considering they were all the standard what would you do type.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate however once I factored in the employer paid comps it more than makes sense to take the offer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at SABIC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted shortly after and conducted an hour long typical phone interview. After that I was invited in to meet with the General Manager. Everything went very well and the interview was fairly informal and overall I was very impressed. I was invited a second time in which I was told I was one of two left in the hiring process. I was given another hour interview with some more complicated and difficult questions.

Interview Question – Just make sure to have good experiences to use as examples.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Huntersville, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by their recruiter. I had a phone conversation, after which I was quickly scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview at their office. The interview was conducted by a panel which included the hiring manager. They did not schedule enough time for all the questions they had plus time for me to ask a few. While I appreciate the phone call from the hiring manager to convey that they were not extending an offer and the invitation to ask any questions about the interview results, I don't feel I was given honest answers to why I was not extended an offer.

Interview Question – I expected more questions about my job skills and accomplishments. What I was asked sounded like the results of a Google search for typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Analytical Chemist
Albany, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SABIC.

Interview Details – Day long interview. Flew me to the location, paid for hotel, meals, rental car, etc. Another person interviewing for the same position was there too. This seemed a little awkward a first, but it makes sense to do. After the interview it took a while for them to get back to me. They were undergoing a restructuring of the department at the time and hired no one for the position.

Interview Question – Have you ever missed a deadline, and if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SABIC.

Interview Details – A person from SABIC contacted me for a phone interview, while after the interview, he never contacted my again. I sent many emails to ask for the decision about the interview, still no news from him. Disappointed.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Worked for SABIC? Contribute to the Community!