SABIC

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Engineering Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SABIC.

Initial communication with SABIC was very cordial and professional. The recruiter did a great job of setting up a good time to chat and answering my questions. He was prompt about getting back to me and passing on my information to the hiring manager. That is where this interviewing process fell apart. The hiring manager was nearly unreachable. After an interview over the phone with the hiring manager I was asked to fly out for an onsite interview. One week went by and no contact. Another week went by, still no contact. 4 weeks went by with me emailing or calling at least once a week to find out what was going on and still no contact. Finally, a meeting was set up for 2 weeks from then. I waited for flight and hotel information - 1.5 weeks go by and nothing. Once again, I am forced to track down someone to let me know when I should be flying out and where I'll be staying. During the interview I met with some great individuals. I felt the interview went well - in fact, I thought I had killed it. The one problem was that the hiring manager wasn't even there that day. I still have not met him face-to-face. I came home and was told that a decision would be reached and that I would be contacted within 1 week. 3 weeks later I am forced to once again track down the hiring manager. He doesn't return my calls or my emails. I send in an ultimatum and am contacted by the recruiter the next day telling me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Wow.

Now it's been another 4.5 weeks and I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for the trip.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions asked. All that was asked was, "Why come to SABIC?"   Answer Question

Early Identification Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SABIC.

Met with them at the career fair, had to convince them they wanted a material science major, emailed about two weeks later for an on campus interview. I think the person I talked to was just general knowledgeable about my major. Otherwise, was very focused on why I did not want to go into research and development.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how to analyze the noise in a Gauge R&R.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SABIC.

I signed up for interviews through my school's co-op office. The interview was 30 minutes long, with a two person panel of engineers. They expected the STAR method of answering their questions. Situation Task Action and Result.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were a leader in the group. What was the task and end result?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at SABIC.

An all day interview process that featured five, 45-minute interviews with an hour long information session and tour that followed. SABIC then took us to dinner to allow us to see the great culture they have on display at SABIC. Overall, great experience, but they could shorten the duration of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a mentor growing up or when you were in college? If so, what would your mentor say about you?   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SABIC.

Phone interview. Went through your resume and asked a few behavioral questions. In total the interview lasted about 20 minutes. A few weeks later, I got an email offering me the position for the summer with 2 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions in the interview. They just wanted to know about your schoolwork and past internship experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Submitted my resume online. got a call back two months later. Very straight forward (walk me through your resume/what are your extracurricular activities).

Academic Advisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at SABIC.

Interviewed by a panel

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

The hiring process is extreme over kill considering I had five one on one interview sessions before I was offered the position,

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult considering they were all the standard what would you do type.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate however once I factored in the employer paid comps it more than makes sense to take the offer

Lead Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

Interview was fine, typical of a long day with little break. Lunch was provided by visiting a local restaurant.
    The interview schedule was thrown off by some other work going on at the site on that day. Seemed that some individuals were aware of the on-goings while others were either not willing to admit it or were oblivious.
    The job description was a little vague. Interview team did a very good job helping to describe the position.
    Took a long time to get the offer from them after being told I would get an offer.
    The site was different when I interviewed than when I hired on. It was misleading and would not have influenced my decision had I been told but feel like I was intentionally misled.

Interview Questions
    There was some back and forth on pay. The offer increased by a minimal amount.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SABIC in October 2013.

Applied online, was contacted shortly after and conducted an hour long typical phone interview. After that I was invited in to meet with the General Manager. Everything went very well and the interview was fairly informal and overall I was very impressed. I was invited a second time in which I was told I was one of two left in the hiring process. I was given another hour interview with some more complicated and difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure to have good experiences to use as examples.   Answer Question