SABIC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SABIC.

I signed up for interviews through my school's co-op office. The interview was 30 minutes long, with a two person panel of engineers. They expected the STAR method of answering their questions. Situation Task Action and Result.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were a leader in the group. What was the task and end result?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at SABIC.

An all day interview process that featured five, 45-minute interviews with an hour long information session and tour that followed. SABIC then took us to dinner to allow us to see the great culture they have on display at SABIC. Overall, great experience, but they could shorten the duration of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a mentor growing up or when you were in college? If so, what would your mentor say about you?   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Vernon, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SABIC.

Phone interview. Went through your resume and asked a few behavioral questions. In total the interview lasted about 20 minutes. A few weeks later, I got an email offering me the position for the summer with 2 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions in the interview. They just wanted to know about your schoolwork and past internship experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Submitted my resume online. got a call back two months later. Very straight forward (walk me through your resume/what are your extracurricular activities).

Academic Advisor Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at SABIC.

Interviewed by a panel

Lead Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

Interview was fine, typical of a long day with little break. Lunch was provided by visiting a local restaurant.
    The interview schedule was thrown off by some other work going on at the site on that day. Seemed that some individuals were aware of the on-goings while others were either not willing to admit it or were oblivious.
    The job description was a little vague. Interview team did a very good job helping to describe the position.
    Took a long time to get the offer from them after being told I would get an offer.
    The site was different when I interviewed than when I hired on. It was misleading and would not have influenced my decision had I been told but feel like I was intentionally misled.

Interview Questions
    There was some back and forth on pay. The offer increased by a minimal amount.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in November 2013.

The hiring process is extreme over kill considering I had five one on one interview sessions before I was offered the position,

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult considering they were all the standard what would you do type.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate however once I factored in the employer paid comps it more than makes sense to take the offer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at SABIC in October 2013.

Applied online, was contacted shortly after and conducted an hour long typical phone interview. After that I was invited in to meet with the General Manager. Everything went very well and the interview was fairly informal and overall I was very impressed. I was invited a second time in which I was told I was one of two left in the hiring process. I was given another hour interview with some more complicated and difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure to have good experiences to use as examples.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SABIC in September 2013.

Was contacted by their recruiter. I had a phone conversation, after which I was quickly scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview at their office. The interview was conducted by a panel which included the hiring manager. They did not schedule enough time for all the questions they had plus time for me to ask a few. While I appreciate the phone call from the hiring manager to convey that they were not extending an offer and the invitation to ask any questions about the interview results, I don't feel I was given honest answers to why I was not extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I expected more questions about my job skills and accomplishments. What I was asked sounded like the results of a Google search for typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SABIC.

Day long interview. Flew me to the location, paid for hotel, meals, rental car, etc. Another person interviewing for the same position was there too. This seemed a little awkward a first, but it makes sense to do. After the interview it took a while for them to get back to me. They were undergoing a restructuring of the department at the time and hired no one for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever missed a deadline, and if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for SABIC? Contribute to the Community!