SABIC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.9

Site Energy Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SABIC in April 2015.

Interview

actually, i was contacted by a third party recruiter about this position. after discussing it with him i was interested but put off by his requests afterward. he wanted me to read all these ridiculous links that he of course, had created. on top of that, he literally wanted me to reformat my resume per specifics such as "...be sure to include key words in the job description..." "...reduce the number of pages..." blah, blah, blah. When i said that he was free to do all these requested changes himself as im busy, of course , "...no, no , no its better you do it yourself because you get a feel.." blah blah blah. complete nonsense as they say. At this point i thought, "what do i really need you for as an extra step in the interviewing process when supposedly, you have given me the tools i need to secure the interview?
    armed with this knowledge, i went ahead and submitted my revised resume directly to the system. i was surprised and amused when, literally, i received notification of interest the next day! believe me when i tell you that i took great pleasure in letting the recruiter know i would no longer require his services. of course when i mentioned this to him, i didnt receive a reply.
    typical behaviour from so called recruiters.
    anyway, i was asked to fill out a technical questionnaire, and then a preliminary phone screen. the lady was quite pleasant and forthcoming. unfortunately i received notification that there will be no next steps.
    now heres where this interview stands out from the others: when i asked for some feedback, she actually REPLIED , and within the HOUR.
    OUTSTANDING. let me tell you, that this is a very, very RARE occurrence and for this fact alone, i give this interview a big thumbs up. i was very happy to receive the honest feed back which basically said in no few words that the hiring manager was threatened by my past management responsibilities.
    if her response and response times are any indication of the culture at SABIC, then i will continue to be open to future interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SABIC.

Interview

After meeting with the recruiters (Reliability Engineers) on campus, I received a time slot for an interview the following day. While notice was short, both engineers were very pleasant and understanding, as they were both graduates of the same university from which they were recruiting. Questions were mostly behavioral, asking about prior project and team experience. Little technical knowledge was expected of inexperienced undergraduates, and the atmosphere was light. Primary takeaway was positive.

A following a quick followup email, the response from HR regarding the position came a few weeks later than stated -- the lack of an offer was thus not surprising, but the time frame slip-up was rather disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you received opposition to a leadership decision; how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Please give an example of a time in which you missed a desired goal. How did it affect the project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SABIC.

Interview

Initial communication with SABIC was very cordial and professional. The recruiter did a great job of setting up a good time to chat and answering my questions. He was prompt about getting back to me and passing on my information to the hiring manager. That is where this interviewing process fell apart. The hiring manager was nearly unreachable. After an interview over the phone with the hiring manager I was asked to fly out for an onsite interview. One week went by and no contact. Another week went by, still no contact. 4 weeks went by with me emailing or calling at least once a week to find out what was going on and still no contact. Finally, a meeting was set up for 2 weeks from then. I waited for flight and hotel information - 1.5 weeks go by and nothing. Once again, I am forced to track down someone to let me know when I should be flying out and where I'll be staying. During the interview I met with some great individuals. I felt the interview went well - in fact, I thought I had killed it. The one problem was that the hiring manager wasn't even there that day. I still have not met him face-to-face. I came home and was told that a decision would be reached and that I would be contacted within 1 week. 3 weeks later I am forced to once again track down the hiring manager. He doesn't return my calls or my emails. I send in an ultimatum and am contacted by the recruiter the next day telling me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Wow.

Now it's been another 4.5 weeks and I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for the trip.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions asked. All that was asked was, "Why come to SABIC?"   Answer Question

Early Identification Program Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at SABIC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was the day after a university career fair. I signed up for a time slot at the fair. Interview was with two current employees who took turns asking questions. The interview lasted around 45 minutes - 1 hour, and consisted of standard behavioral questions. I wasn't really asked any technical questions. Next contact with Sabic was an email stating I was no longer being considered a bit less than 2 months later. In the interview, I was told I would hear back in about two weeks, and this was the only negative part of an otherwise good interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What do you view as your greatest accomplishment (in ___ organization)?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you did not succeed.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SABIC.

Interview

Met with them at the career fair, had to convince them they wanted a material science major, emailed about two weeks later for an on campus interview. I think the person I talked to was just general knowledgeable about my major. Otherwise, was very focused on why I did not want to go into research and development.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to analyze the noise in a Gauge R&R.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SABIC.

Interview

I signed up for interviews through my school's co-op office. The interview was 30 minutes long, with a two person panel of engineers. They expected the STAR method of answering their questions. Situation Task Action and Result.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a leader in the group. What was the task and end result?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at SABIC (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

An all day interview process that featured five, 45-minute interviews with an hour long information session and tour that followed. SABIC then took us to dinner to allow us to see the great culture they have on display at SABIC. Overall, great experience, but they could shorten the duration of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Did you have a mentor growing up or when you were in college? If so, what would your mentor say about you?   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SABIC (Pittsfield, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I spoke to the hiring manager over the phone in a screening interview. Within in a couple of weeks I had a site interview including a technical presentation and spoke with seven or eight interviewers either in person or over the phone. About a month later I had a follow-up interview with another employee in Europe.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency and experience-based questions plus questions involving my ability to work with other people.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SABIC (Mount Vernon, IN).

Interview

Phone interview. Went through your resume and asked a few behavioral questions. In total the interview lasted about 20 minutes. A few weeks later, I got an email offering me the position for the summer with 2 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions in the interview. They just wanted to know about your schoolwork and past internship experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume online. got a call back two months later. Very straight forward (walk me through your resume/what are your extracurricular activities).