SABMiller Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2014
14 interviews

3.2

IS Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in July 2012.

Initial phone discussion with HR. Followed by two face-to-face interviews. Was left waiting for 15 minutes for the first interview with one interviewer arriving 30 minutes late. Questions were competency based and also included a look at past experience. The hiring manager was not on site so dialled in via the phone. For the second interview I was out of the UK so dialled in via skype. This involved a presentation. They decided it would be easier to hear over the phone, so I was on both my webcam and my mobile phone delivering the presentation. During the presentation the hiring manager was on his computer checking emails. So overall impressions were very negative. However, none of the people involved still work at the company, so chances are it will be a different experience now.

Interview Questions
    • Generally expected and straight forward questions. Mostly competency based...'When have you had to....', 'Tell us about a time when you....'   Answer Question
    An easy to read document outlining the entire pay package and benefits was sent and HR called to discuss the offer. It was lower than what I had requested and it was explained that this was the best offer they could make. I had to negotiate a later start date due to the contract with my previous employee. In the end I was able to begin within 2 months, which they accepted. My only regret is that I should have put more pressure around the salary negotiation.

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Juba (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juba (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in July 2014.

1. Psychomteric test. 5 sets, 1st and 2nd set were mathematical tests, 3rd was an abstract reasoning test, 4th was a critical reasoning test followed by a verbal reasoning and concluding with a spelling test. Time was definitely a factor to consider, each test lasted in the range of 10-20 minutes only. In the math tests we were not allowed to use calculators.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your past where you had to work in a group as a team leader?   Answer Question

Jul 29, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback on your interview and assessments with SABMiller in Nigeria. We are pleased you accepted your offer and have a great work experience with us. Welcome aboard!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in May 2010.

Human resource and interviews with line manager are presented. The work environment is demanding and seeks continuous improvement. Looking to have work spaces type modules. It is useful that the company provides transportation, lunch and has good health, annual bonus awards and recognition results.The company meets these agreements annually

Interview Questions
    • work under pressure and work life unbalanced relationship   Answer Question

Jun 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process and for taking the time to cover your experience.

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in May 2014.

I was contacted on linkedin by the talent hr team, and scheduled for a telephone interview. On the due date, the hr person did not call. After a follow up, the interview was rescheduled, and lasted for 20 mn. I was then told that i will be receiving feedback by the end of the week. A week passed by, but no feedback. 2 weeks down the line, still no feedback. I email the recruiter without a response, so call as a follow up and leave a message, but now 3 weeks later i still havent heard from them. This is very unprofessional, particularly when i made the effort and gave some of my personal time to go through the process. They should have the decency to give some feedback at least, or advise the outcome. Poor hr!!

Jun 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort candidates put in to interviewing for positions at SABMiller and we believe that all candidates, whether their interview is successful ... More

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SABMiller in June 2012.

After application has been reviewed and found satisfactory one is invited for an interview. There are 2 layers of interviews after which one sits for a Psychometric assessment. Upon satisfactory performance one is offered employment.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked about your knowledge of Maintenance plan and execution
      You are asked questions about your attitude to politics in the place of work
        View Answer
    There was opportunity to negotiate

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at SABMiller in December 2012.

Interview process is very efficient and is based on competency type interview system. The hiring process is internal and excellent.

Capability Manager Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zug (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Zug (Switzerland)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in January 2014.

There are typically FOUR STAGES:

1st telephone interview with HR: screening and validation of CV

2nd stage: interview with line manager & HR-representative or HR Manager
    Competency-based interview. They will test you on many different personality traits, professional skills, challenges, etc.
    You will be asked in great detail about your stories; hence you have to be very specific. Your examples have to be precise: mention clearly how your actions impacted the outcome. The atmosphere is very friendly.

3rd stage: full-day assessment
    You will participate in a full-day assessment with psychologists.
    General recommendation: BE YOURSELF - YOU CANNOT PREPARE FOR THIS!
    1st part: psychometric/ which type of work you appreciate. You will be asked to explain different situations throughout your professional life and HOW YOU FELT DURING THESE.

2nd part: cognitive assessment with psychologists.
    This second part last for about 3 hours (with breaks). There are a lot of different tests, of which some are timed, some or not. The purpose of these tests is to test
    verbal reasoning (e.g. explain relationship between two (random) words,
    handling non-verbal information (e.g. putting together a 'puzzle', solving equations, etc),
    working memory (e.g. remember random numbers, repeat numbers forward/ backwards, solving simple mathematical equations)
    Processing speed (e.g. choosing symbols out of a 4-6 pages of symbols)
    Personality questionnaire: Extensive questionnaire.

3rd stage: about 3 interviews (less than 1 hour each) attended by line-manager & another representative whom you will be working with.
    Competency based interview again. You have to know very clearly what your role will include. You will be asked (in great detail) how you are going to complete certain activities, where you have done similar things.

GENERAL PERCEPTION OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
    Excellent interview process. Very pleasent, very friendly but challenging. I would say that it has been the most complete interviewing process I have ever attended.

Also, a great advantage is that you will receive extensive feedback, especially if you are invited to attend the assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between two words. This one part during the psychometric assessment. Example: yes <--> no   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woking, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SABMiller in March 2012.

1. Telephone screening interview with HR
    2. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager and HR
    3. Face-to-face interview with hiring manager's direct report and a peer of the hiring manager
    4. Psychometric Assessment
    (3 and 4 were on the same day).

Interview Questions
    I didn't need to negotiate as I felt that the offer was great and what I was expecting.

Supply Chain Management Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SABMiller.

GD & Interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic concepts about Inventory control, operations, strategy etc.   Answer Question

Finance Manager (X4 Grade) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woking, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at SABMiller.

Interview process was challenging and dynamic. People listened and the flow of the interview was guided by conversation rather than a rigid set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • 5 hours of psychometric testing was daunting but was interactive and fun and surprisingly accurate results.   Answer Question

Worked for SABMiller? Contribute to the Community!