SABMiller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.3

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SABMiller.

Contacted from headhunter: phone interview
    First interview with factory manager and hr
    Second interview and factory tour for one complete day, meeting: engineering manager, other factoryanager and other staff people
    Than final proposal of interview with indication of salary

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juba (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juba (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SABMiller in July 2014.

1. Psychomteric test. 5 sets, 1st and 2nd set were mathematical tests, 3rd was an abstract reasoning test, 4th was a critical reasoning test followed by a verbal reasoning and concluding with a spelling test. Time was definitely a factor to consider, each test lasted in the range of 10-20 minutes only. In the math tests we were not allowed to use calculators.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your past where you had to work in a group as a team leader?   Answer Question

SABMiller Response

Jul 29, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback on your interview and assessments with SABMiller in Nigeria. We are pleased you accepted your offer and have a great work experience with us. Welcome aboard!

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SABMiller in May 2014.

I was contacted on linkedin by the talent hr team, and scheduled for a telephone interview. On the due date, the hr person did not call. After a follow up, the interview was rescheduled, and lasted for 20 mn. I was then told that i will be receiving feedback by the end of the week. A week passed by, but no feedback. 2 weeks down the line, still no feedback. I email the recruiter without a response, so call as a follow up and leave a message, but now 3 weeks later i still havent heard from them. This is very unprofessional, particularly when i made the effort and gave some of my personal time to go through the process. They should have the decency to give some feedback at least, or advise the outcome. Poor hr!!

SABMiller Response

Jun 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort candidates put in to interviewing for positions at SABMiller and we believe that all candidates, whether their interview is successful ... More

Capability Manager Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SABMiller in January 2014.

There are typically FOUR STAGES:

1st telephone interview with HR: screening and validation of CV

2nd stage: interview with line manager & HR-representative or HR Manager
    Competency-based interview. They will test you on many different personality traits, professional skills, challenges, etc.
    You will be asked in great detail about your stories; hence you have to be very specific. Your examples have to be precise: mention clearly how your actions impacted the outcome. The atmosphere is very friendly.

3rd stage: full-day assessment
    You will participate in a full-day assessment with psychologists.
    General recommendation: BE YOURSELF - YOU CANNOT PREPARE FOR THIS!
    1st part: psychometric/ which type of work you appreciate. You will be asked to explain different situations throughout your professional life and HOW YOU FELT DURING THESE.

2nd part: cognitive assessment with psychologists.
    This second part last for about 3 hours (with breaks). There are a lot of different tests, of which some are timed, some or not. The purpose of these tests is to test
    verbal reasoning (e.g. explain relationship between two (random) words,
    handling non-verbal information (e.g. putting together a 'puzzle', solving equations, etc),
    working memory (e.g. remember random numbers, repeat numbers forward/ backwards, solving simple mathematical equations)
    Processing speed (e.g. choosing symbols out of a 4-6 pages of symbols)
    Personality questionnaire: Extensive questionnaire.

3rd stage: about 3 interviews (less than 1 hour each) attended by line-manager & another representative whom you will be working with.
    Competency based interview again. You have to know very clearly what your role will include. You will be asked (in great detail) how you are going to complete certain activities, where you have done similar things.

GENERAL PERCEPTION OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
    Excellent interview process. Very pleasent, very friendly but challenging. I would say that it has been the most complete interviewing process I have ever attended.

Also, a great advantage is that you will receive extensive feedback, especially if you are invited to attend the assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between two words. This one part during the psychometric assessment. Example: yes <--> no   View Answer

Supply Chain Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SABMiller.

GD & Interview

Interview Questions
    • Basic concepts about Inventory control, operations, strategy etc.   Answer Question

Finance Manager (X4 Grade) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SABMiller.

Interview process was challenging and dynamic. People listened and the flow of the interview was guided by conversation rather than a rigid set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • 5 hours of psychometric testing was daunting but was interactive and fun and surprisingly accurate results.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SABMiller in December 2012.

Interview process is very efficient and is based on competency type interview system. The hiring process is internal and excellent.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SABMiller in July 2012.

Was contacted almost immediately after submitting an online application. I had phone and skype interviews with recruiters and managers who were located abroad which was followed by a couple of in person interviews locally. I completed all of the interviews but it took nearly two months for them to follow up with their final decision.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was that on company strategy. Knowing little about how the company operates, it was somewhat difficult to provide a strategic plan within an interview setting.   Answer Question

IS Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SABMiller in July 2012.

Initial phone discussion with HR. Followed by two face-to-face interviews. Was left waiting for 15 minutes for the first interview with one interviewer arriving 30 minutes late. Questions were competency based and also included a look at past experience. The hiring manager was not on site so dialled in via the phone. For the second interview I was out of the UK so dialled in via skype. This involved a presentation. They decided it would be easier to hear over the phone, so I was on both my webcam and my mobile phone delivering the presentation. During the presentation the hiring manager was on his computer checking emails. So overall impressions were very negative. However, none of the people involved still work at the company, so chances are it will be a different experience now.

Interview Questions
    • Generally expected and straight forward questions. Mostly competency based...'When have you had to....', 'Tell us about a time when you....'   Answer Question
    An easy to read document outlining the entire pay package and benefits was sent and HR called to discuss the offer. It was lower than what I had requested and it was explained that this was the best offer they could make. I had to negotiate a later start date due to the contract with my previous employee. In the end I was able to begin within 2 months, which they accepted. My only regret is that I should have put more pressure around the salary negotiation.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SABMiller in June 2012.

After application has been reviewed and found satisfactory one is invited for an interview. There are 2 layers of interviews after which one sits for a Psychometric assessment. Upon satisfactory performance one is offered employment.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked about your knowledge of Maintenance plan and execution
      You are asked questions about your attitude to politics in the place of work
        View Answer
    There was opportunity to negotiate