SAGE Publications

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Editorial Assistant - Journals Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAGE Publications in March 2013.

Interview Details – The HR department first emailed me to set up a phone interview with an editor who worked remotely. The interview was relaxed but professional. It was supposed to take about half an hour or less, but my interview took 45 minutes or so. I thought it was a good sign.

He sent an email afterward with his contact information, and said that I would be hearing from him or HR as we progress in the hiring process. I sent a short reply thanking him for the chance to interview.

Unfortunately, that was the last that I heard from him. A week later, I emailed him and then nearly two weeks later, I called him with no avail. Still I waited. I had to contact HR nearly four weeks later to find out that the position was filled.

Interview Question – What's the difference between a median and a mean?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SAGE Publications.

Interview Details – Ridiculously long interview process for the role (over 2 months and 6 interviews). First phone interview with HR, then face to face to with HR, then face to face with another EA, then Skype interview with a 2nd EA, then a face to face with the COO, then an interview lunch with 3 EAs.

Interview Question – Not a question, but was told not to expect this position to ever evolve into something else or be able to transfer to another department as they wont do it since the position comes into contact with alot of highly confidential information (what Admin or EA position doesnt?)   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Read the comments, horrible experience!!!!

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SAGE Publications in September 2012.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by the HR to schedule an interview. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who worked remotely from the office. He asked mostly questions about my experiences from my resume rather than typical questions like strengths/weaknesses or why do you want this job.

Interview Question – What did you like most/least about your job?
What did you take away from your experiences?
  Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SAGE Publications in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview will be over skype. Will check problem solving skills, dimensional modelling and sql server skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes

Marketing Executive Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SAGE Publications in May 2011.

Interview Details – the interview started with a gd or a group discussion. Then there was a presentation on the topic SAGE and me which is followed by a tele phonic interview. After clearing all these called for personal interview where there was three levels of personal interviiew and then selections was finally done

Interview Question – Where do you want to see yourself after 4-5 yeras   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was fresher when joined the company and the company paid well so havent done any negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAGE Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAGE Publications interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAGE Publications employees and interview candidates.